This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Oh you need a new appetizer recipe?? You’re in luck friends!! These Easy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp will be your new favorite party food!
Juicy tender shrimp is wrapped in smokey bacon, brushed with a sweet and savory sauce and air fried until crispy and browned. Served hot out of the air fryer and your friends will be hooked.
What Ingredients do I need to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp?
- your favorite bacon
- large shrimp (31/35 per pound)
- brown sugar
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- soy sauce
What Tools do I need to make these shrimp?
- Basket Style Air Fryer-I have used Cosori in the past be aware they have a recall so check your model
- pastry brush
- small bowl
- paper towels
- plate or baking sheet
- cooking shears
About the Shrimp
The best shrimp for this recipe are Large Shrimp. These are the shrimp that come roughly 31/35 per pound. They should be cleaned, deveined, and have the shells removed. The tails can be on or off, your preference.
If you can’t find that size shrimp you can move up or down in size. Bigger or smaller shrimp will just be wrapped a little less or more in bacon. It’s not a HUGE problem if the shrimp sizes are bigger or smaller. Just be aware you will need to adjust your bacon wrapping. And the calories if that concerns you.
About the bacon
For this recipe you don’t want thick cut bacon. Use thin or regular bacon. I used Kirkland Regular Bacon. But any regular cut bacon will work perfect.
You don’t want to use thick cut bacon because it won’t wrap tightly around the shrimp. It’s too thick and doesn’t wrap well because of it.
Air Fryer Appetizers
I LOVE air fryer appetizers, don’t you?? Why not try these cheesy, crispy Stuffed Potato Skins? Or these Bacon Wrapped Crackers?? So smokey and crunchy! Ok and one more, these Stuffed Mushrooms!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 Air Fryer
- 9 Strips bacon not thick cut
- 18 large shrimp uncooked, shells off, tails on or off, 31/35 count shrimp per pound
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- preheat the air fryer on 400° for 5 minutes
- cut the bacon strips in half so you have 18 shorter strips
- pat shrimp dry
- mix the remaining ingredients together
- take one strip of bacon and wrap it around the shrimp starting at the tail end, wrap the bacon around so it's over itself to start with and then wrap it up and around the shrimp
- use a pastry brush to brush the sauce over one side of the shrimp
- place the shrimp sauce side down in the basket of the air fryer and brush the tops with the remaining sauce
- air fry on 400° for 5 minutes
- turn the shrimp over and air fry for another for 4-5 minutes until the bacon is crispy and browned