This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
I’ve been wanting to make Raspberry Buckle for a long time, I finally had the happy collision of enough fresh berries and time to work in the kitchen to make a buckle happen. Mmmmm, raspberry cake! Serve this with a dollop of whipped cream to take it right over the top!
I Love Raspberries
I think raspberries are my all-time favorite summer berry. I love them fresh off the bush or made into jam, and especially in summer desserts. This year we had a friend open her patch to us while she was out of town. It’s been the most satisfying week of berry picking!
I know I should grow my own. I do have a patch but it struggles against the brute force of overpowering cottonwoods. I put them in a tough place and they’re not doing very well against the thirsty cottonwoods who suck up all the water I put on them. I’ve got to get them moved so I can have my own raspberry patch!
What is a Raspberry Buckle?
A buckle is the most simple cake recipe you can imagine with fresh fruit sprinkled over. The cake bakes up around the fruit light and fluffy, the fruit is juicy and perfect, and together they are the ultimate summer dessert. When you add raspberries they make little pockets of juicy berry bites right in the cake, so delish!
Love raspberry recipes?? Try my Raspberry Bars or make this Raspberry Pound Cake! Or even some Raspberry Cookies!
Speaking of summer desserts, let’s have more, shall we? Like this Blueberry Grunt! Or what about this delish Rhubarb Cobbler? And last but not least, this simple Nectarine Slab Pie.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, less if your butter was salted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar for dusting over the cake
- preheat oven to 350˚
- lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish
- beat butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy
- beat the eggs in one at a time
- stir the flour, salt, and baking powder together
- slowly mix the flour into the butter and eggs until fully incorporated
- spread in the prepared pan
- sprinkle the fresh berries over the top of the cake batter
- bake 40-45 minutes until the cake mix pops back when you touch it
- remove from the oven, cool for 15 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar
- serve warm or cool, and with whipped cream, if you like
Amount Per Serving Calories 410Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 110mgSodium 417mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 3gSugar 45gProtein 5g
3 thoughts on “Raspberry Buckle”
How much baking powder? I see it in the instructions, but not on the ingredients list… thanks!
1/2 teaspoon in this Raspberry Buckle!