This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
OH YES, I DID! Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are a THING, and we’re making them! You’re going to want to make them too after you read this post.
Luscious Red Velvet dough, delicious cinnamon filling baked up perfectly, and of course the smooth and creamy frosting, make these Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls your new favorite breakfast!
Make Them for Christmas Breakfast!
Did you know you can make cinnamon rolls ahead of time? You totally can! Just go ahead and make them the day before you need them right up to the point of rising. Then cover them tightly, I’m taking plastic wrap AND foil so no extra air gets in there and dries them out. And refrigerate them.
To bake cinnamon rolls that you’ve refrigerated just let them come to room temperature still covered, rise a little if they need to remove the wrap to check on the rise. Once they’ve risen it’s time to bake.
To bake them simply proceed with the recipe directiosn for baking. Also make the frosting the night before so you’re eady to amaze your family with a special Christmas Cinnamon Roll!
A Special for Valentine’s Day!
Red Velvet is a very Valentine’s Day treat too, you know being RED and all. You can make these for your special someone and bake your way into their heart.
Red Velvet Cake Mix to the RESCUE!
Sometimes you just need to grab that red velvet cake mix and make it something MORE and these cinnamon rolls are no different. They’re elevated and delish!
Just like these SIMPLE Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies! One of my favorite cookies of the year, and I made a lot of cookies this year. Such as Florentines, Sugar Cookie Bars, Snickerdoodle Bars, Walnut Whips, Reese’s Peanut Butter Heart Cookies!
Let’s make Cinnamon Rolls!
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are a THING, and we're making them! And you're going to want to make them too after you read this post. Luscious Red Velvet dough, delicious cinnamon filling baked up perfectly, and of course the smooth and creamy frosting, make these Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls your new favorite breakfast! Perfect for Christmas breakfast or Valentine's Day!
- 1 packet or 2 1/4 teaspoons active yeaast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- to make the rolls: pour the yeast in the warm water and stir to combine let it rest 5-10 minutes
- put the cake mix in the bowl of a stand mixer
- when the yeast is done pour it over the cake mix, add the vanilla, and stir to combine using the dough hook
- add a cup of the flour, and stir, then add the second cup of flour
- stop and check your dough, if it's still very sticky add the last half cup of flour, run the machine to mix it in
- knead the dough 2-3 minutes or until a soft flexible dough is made
- lightly grease a bowl with the vegetable oil, put the dough in and cover
- let it rise two hours or until doubled in size
- in the last 10 minutes preheat the oven to 350˚
- and then prep the filling
- melt the butter
- mix the spices and brown sugar
- when the dough has risen roll it out to a rectangle 24X12
- use a pastry brush to cover it with melted butter
- sprinkle with spices and sugar
- roll up from the short end
- cut into 12 rolls
- lay on a 9x13 baking pan
- bake 15-20 minutes or until done
- while they bake make the icing: put the cream cheese and powdered sugar in the bowl of the stand mixer and beat smooth
- drizzle in the vanilla and just enough milk to make a soft and fluffy icing, if you over do it on the milk, you can beat in extra powdered sugar
- ice the buns while hot OR let them cool and then ice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 35mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.