This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you’re looking for a unique cookie made with raspberries, try these Raspberry Cookies! Everyone in our house loved these seasonal fresh raspberry cookies. They’re the perfect treat for a special occasion, or when you just need a little something sweet.
These raspberry cookies are large and soft, with plenty of raspberries and white chocolate chips. And if that weren’t enough to tempt you, they’re ALSO topped with streusel. You know streusel makes everything better.
What do I need to make these Cookies with raspberries?
- all-purpose flour
- white chocolate chips, or use a white chocolate baking bar chopped up
- fresh raspberries
- lemon zest(optional)
- baking soda
- brown sugar
Raspberries for cookies
Can I add more berries than called for in the recipe?? You CAN but should you? I think the ratio of fruit to cookie is just about perfect in this recipe. If you were to add more raspberries you might have a cookie that has too much fruit and falls apart when you try to pick it up.
With the number of raspberries called for, you have a cookie that holds together but still has the soft moisture of fresh fruit in cookies. And you get just enough bites with raspberry in them to satisfy.
I know a lot of people thought my Rhubarb Cookies needed more rhubarb in them, but again more fruit means a softer cookie that falls apart when you pick it. You can add more fruit to either cookie recipe, but it’s a fine line between extra fruit and too soft from the fruit.
Looking for another way to use raspberries?? What about these Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies from Entirely Elizabeth?
Do I use Fresh Or Frozen Raspberries for this recipe?
YES! You need fresh raspberries. And then, lightly freeze them so you can add them to the dough without making them mush. Lightly freezing them means they hold together a little bit better, but they’re not completely frozen solid. Perfect for mixing into cookies.
They only need to be lightly frozen, so put them on a baking sheet and pop them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. That’s about the time it will take to gather everything and make the streusel and cookie dough.
Are these a Dupe For Subway Raspberry Cookies?
Will they fill the void if you’re jonesing for a Subway cookie? YES! But in my opinion, they’re not a dupe for the Subway Raspberry Cookies, and they’re better! The fresh raspberries in these homemade cookies are so much better than Subway. And to me, the Subway cookies just taste factory-made.
Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These raspberry cookies are large and soft, with plenty of raspberries and white chocolate chips. Add a layer of streusel and they're perfect!
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (for the cookies but put them in the freezer to freeze lightly)
- 1 1/2 TBSP soft butter
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fine lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- put the raspberries on a baking sheet and freeze until ready to use
- make the streusel: mix together all the streusel ingredients until crumbly, put in the fridge to chill until ready to use
- beat the butter and sugars together until soft and whipped, about 4 - 5 minutes
- add the egg, vanilla, and lemon zest if using, and beat well
- in a separate bowl mix the flour, soda, salt
- stir into the wet ingredients
- stir in the chocolate chips
- and then add the semi-frozen raspberries
- divide into 12 cookies and place on a baking sheet, topped with streusel
- refrigerate 20 minutes
- preheat the oven to 350° while the cookies chill
- bake the chilled cookies for 10-12 minutes until they're just set, don't let them get too brown
- cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 41mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
2 thoughts on “Raspberry Cookies”
These are amazing, I love the streusel topping. Fresh raspberries in cookies is a great idea!
These were so, so good! We had raspberries that were going soft so this was the perfect way to use them up.