This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This is THE Sweet Potato Casserole you’re looking for! This beautiful Candied Pecan and Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole will be the centerpiece of your holiday table.
Fresh baked sweet potatoes are mashed together with butter and maple syrup and baked until bubbly. Then they’re topped with mini marshmallows and candied pecans and baked again until perfectly browned.
While this casserole looks so fancy it’s actually easy to prepare. You can place the marshmallows and pecans in any design you like. No need to follow my design! But if you want to I’ve got all the directions in the recipe card.
What do I need to Make this Candied Pecan Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole?
- Sweet Potatoes
- maple syrup
- mini marshmallows
- candied pecans(buy them OR (use my Candied Pecans Recipe!)
How can I make this Sweet Potato Casserole Easier?
You can skip making the candied pecans. They add so much flavor to this casserole though I think they’re worth it! BUT Make them ahead of time if you want to save some time on the day you’re making this dish. Or BUY them!!
You can ALSO boil the sweet potatoes instead of baking them. This saves time as well as oven space if that’s a concern.
I recommend making this dish UP through the step of making the mashed potatoes. They can be stored in the fridge until you’re ready to spread them in a baking dish. Bake and top as usual.
I don’t recommend making and baking this casserole completely with the pecans and marshmallows and then trying to reheat it to serve. The marshmallows will catch on fire.
How to Reheat Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole?
Be careful if you’re reheating this casserole again the marshmallows are going to cause you trouble. I’d say take the cooked marshmallows off and reheat it without them. You can add them back after reheating if you like. OR add fresh mini marshmallows and reheat until they brown lightly.
Our OTHER Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes
- Stuffed Pumpkin
- Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- No Corn Syrup Pecan Pie
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Acorn Squash in the Air Fryer
- Maple Brown Sugar Acorn Squash
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- mini marshmallows
- preheat the oven to 375°
- wash the sweet potatoes and poke them all over
- place them on a covered baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until they're soft
- once the potatoes are cooked, cool them off slightly, slice open and scoop out
- put the potatoes in a mixing bowl, mash lightly and then add the milk, vanilla, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg
- mash to combine
- if you're going to chill this before baking now is the time to put it away covered well in the fridge until ready to use in the next day or two
- if you're baking it now pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake in the oven at 375° for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly
- remove it from the oven and carefully add the toppings
- place the mini marshmallows in lines 1 1/2 inches apart, then fill in the gaps with the candied pecans
- place back in the oven and bake just until the marshmallows get lightly browned
- serve hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 64mgSodium 432mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 23gProtein 5g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Sausage Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Seasonal Pumpkin Star bread
- Easy Baked Cornbread Stuffing
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls (with Pecans!)
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Potato Onion Pithivier
- Best Gifts for Bakers
- Mocha Torte
- Get to Know Vanilla: All Things Vanilla
- Kale Quinoa Salad