Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh maybe I should be saying TRIPLE chocolate Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies are like biting into the love child of an Andes mint and a Thin mint. Perfect mint flavor, balanced with loads of chocolate, white, semi sweet and special dark cocoa powder, to be exact. The best part is you’re making them at home and no one will know exactly how many you eat. If you’re looking for a mint chocolate fix these cookies are exactly what you’re looking for, I promise!
Recipe Testing with Teens=Winning!
Last week we had a load of teenage boys over to the house. I was prepared, we were fully stocked on hamburgers, tater tots (by special request), jalapeno poppers, kettle chips and a batch of fresh cookies! I like to experiment with recipes when we’re having kids over because goodness know I don’t need anymore cookies. This batch didn’t even make it until the morning. I had to hide some for photos, yes teen boys will everything you don’t hide!
Mix Up That Chocolate!
You can make these with any kind of chocolate chips you have on hand. I happened to have a bag of white chips and semi sweet, but milk would have been great too. While out shopping I did look for mint chocolate chips to add to the mix but came up empty handed. I know I’ve seen them before but I couldn’t find them.
Go easy on the mint extract. I used a scant 1/2 teaspoon and I felt like it was perfect. You really want the flavor of the chocolate cookie to come through. With a 1/2 teaspoon it does and you just get a very mellow mint taste. If you prefer more mint well then please do add it. I’d say you could go as high as a full teaspoon. That seems awfully minty to me though!
Use a blend of chocolate chips to give these mint cookies a kick!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder, I used Special Dark by Hershey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups chocolate chips, use a mixture of whatever you have on hand
- preheat oven to 350˚
- cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition
- add mint extract
- in a separate bowl mix flour, salt, soda
- stir into the wet ingredients
- add chips
- stir to combine
- bake approximately 10-12 minutes for large cookies made in a 1/4 cup cookie scoop
- cool on cookie sheet for 2 mintues before removing to cooling racks
- you want to pull the cookies before they're completely crispy for soft cookies that's why you need to let them cool a bit before moving
- bake them a bit longer if you like crunchy cookies
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
Pin it for later!