Yes, America it’s finally safe to eat Romaine Lettuce again! Thank goodness, am I right?? This Grilled Romaine with Truffle Dressing is the perfect recipe to ease back into romaine consumption. And talk about a tasty recipe to pair up with ANY grilled meats this little side salad topped with truffle dressing is a savory treat for the mouth.
Grilled Romaine for a tasty summer salad!
Grilling everything including your salad means fewer trips to the kitchen to check on everything. You simply set up, grill and enjoy a perfect night outside! No running to check on the veggies cooking. Or popping back inside to see if your salad is prepped. Just haul everything out once and get to work. While you’re at it why not throw on a few Grilled Jalapenos?? They’re the best!
Can you grill a salad?? YES, YOU CAN!
Never made a grilled salad before? That’s ok I’d never made one either until this came along. I didn’t think it would work but low and behold you CAN grill salad on the grill. All you have to remember is to keep it quick and easy, no long cooking is needed. Grilled lettuce is a fun dish and just different enough to interest everyone!
This beautifully grilled romaine features easy to use romaine hearts and a truffle mayonnaise dressing. Never had truffle mayo?? Oh, you’re in for a treat! You can find truffle mayonnaise in many specialty food shops. Truffle Mayonnaise is a must have for unique salad dressings and as a condiment or dip. Uh hello, I’m never going to eat any other kind of mayo because Truffle Mayo kinda ruined me, in a GOOD way.
Grilled Romaine with Truffle Dressing
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 4 capers crushed, finely chopped *optional leave out if you don't like capers
- 1/4 cup truffle mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan fresh grated
- 2 pinches Fleur de Sel
- remove any discolored leaves from the romaine hearts
- cut each one in half lengthwise, keeping the heart intact remove any flyaway lettuce leaves
- prepare the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise with the milk and capers, if using
- to grill the romaine: grill cut side down over medium heat for 3-4 minutes then grill cut side up 2-3 minutes
- remove to a platter and drizzled with the dressing, scatter on the shredded cheese and sprinkle with Fleur de Sel, serve immediately
- heat grill to medium high heat