This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This Grilled Romaine with Truffle Dressing is the perfect recipe to throw on the grill any night. And talk about a tasty recipe to pair up with ANY grilled meats this little side salad topped with truffle dressing is a savory treat for the mouth.
Romaine hearts split in half, lightly grilled, and topped with a dressing with a touch of truffles make salad new and fun again.
This beautifully grilled romaine features easy-to-use romaine hearts and a Truffle Mayonnaise Dressing. Never had truffle mayo?? Oh, you’re in for a treat! You can find truffle mayonnaise in many specialty food shops. Truffle Mayonnaise is a must-have for unique salad dressings and as a condiment or dip.
Grilled Romaine for a tasty summer salad!
Grilling everything including your salad means fewer trips to the kitchen to check on everything. You simply set up, grill, and enjoy a perfect night outside! No running to check on the veggies cooking. Or popping back inside to see if your salad is prepped. Just haul everything out once and get to work. While you’re at it why not throw on a few Grilled Jalapenos?? They’re the best!
Can you grill a salad?? YES, YOU CAN!
Never made a grilled salad before? That’s ok I’d never made one either until this came along. I didn’t think it would work but low and behold you CAN grill salad on the grill. All you have to remember is to keep it quick and easy, no long cooking is needed.
Grilled lettuce is a fun dish and just different enough to interest everyone!
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 4 capers, crushed, finely chopped *optional leave out if you don't like capers
- 1/4 cup truffle mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan, fresh grated
- 2 pinches Fleur de Sel
- remove any discolored leaves from the romaine hearts
- cut each one in half lengthwise, keeping the heart intact remove any flyaway lettuce leaves
- prepare the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise with the milk and capers, if using
- to grill the romaine: grill cut side down over medium heat for 3-4 minutes then grill cut side up 2-3 minutes
- remove to a platter and drizzled with the dressing, scatter on the shredded cheese and sprinkle with Fleur de Sel, serve immediately
- heat grill to medium high heat
you're not looking to cook the romaine until it collapses, just give it a little color and some grill marks, so if your heat is too high be sure to watch for that and remove as necessary
Amount Per Serving Calories 132Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 15mgSodium 402mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast