During the summer I like to cook everything on the grill from pizzas, to burgers to these FABULOUS Grilled Jalapeno Poppers. Can I get a high five for cooking everything on the grill? Yes, I’ve even done bacon on the grill.
When it’s hot here in Alaska, HAHAHA laugh it up I know, but we’re up here without air conditioning. The people who live here and love the cold weather get a little miserable. My solution to the ‘heat’ is to cook everything outdoors whenever I can.
Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
I need sides and appetizers that either cook on the grill too or are made in advance. This make-ahead, grill when you’re ready, recipe for Grilled Jalapeño Poppers is a wonderful addition to any meal you’re preparing this summer. Plus they’re perfect for diabetics, Keto dieters, Low Carbers, and anyone else who wants to eat Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers!
Tips for Making Poppers on the Grill
- Be sure you use the grated parmesan to top the popper filling, it helps form a crust over the filling while grilling and can help your poppers hold their filling
- DO NOT OVERCOOK THESE POPPERS they will get soft and spill their fillings be sure to pull them before they’re super soft
- Lay the peppers in line with the grate on your grill, this will cradle the pepper and help it hold up to grilling
One of the best things about this little Grilled Jalapeno Popper recipe is that you can make them ahead, pop them in the fridge and grill them when you’re ready, they’ll wait for you!
Another great thing about my Grilled Poppers is that I cut out the deep fat frying and just top them with parmesan cheese for a simple crust. Can’t go wrong with Grilled Jalapeño Poppers!
As an added bonus they’re low carb!
Yes, it’s true they are Low Carb Jalapeño Poppers. I removed the breading and added that simple parmesan crust and that moves them up to the Low Carb or Keto Plan. It’s so easy to grill steaks or burgers in the summer but Low Carb sides can be hard to come by! Not anymore, my Grilled Jalapeño Poppers make a perfect Low Carb Grilled Side!
Can’t grill these Low Carb Jalapeño Poppers?
Try my EASY Oven Baked Jalapeño Poppers! Soo super simple and baked right in the oven. So easy in fact that you’ll find yourself making them, again and again, no special occasion needed.
And if you happen to make too many, simply refrigerate them for quick Low Carb Jalapeño Popper snacks! I love quick low carb food, don’t you??
Would you mind pinning this?! Thanks!
- 12 jalapeños
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 TBSP milk
- 2 TBSP sriracha, can leave out if you don't like a lot of heat
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, the crumbly kind
- split the jalapeños and scrape out the seeds and pith and lay them out on a baking sheet
- mix the cream cheese, milk and sriracha (if using) in a mixing bowl
- add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and stir until combined
- fill the pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture
- pour the parmesan on a saucer, press each pepper, cream cheese side down, in the parmesan cheese
- cover the peppers and refrigerate until ready to grill
- to grill: heat your grill to medium heat (you can keep your hand 3 inches over the grill for 5 seconds)
- place the peppers on the grill, touching sides will help them stay upright and grill for 15 minutes
- remove from the grill when they're done, the peppers will be cooked (but not limp, don't over cook them!) and the cheese is melted
- cool five minutes before serving
- use rubber gloves if raw jalapeños bother your hands
- if you don't like a LOT of spice leave out the sriracha and add more milk if your mixture is too dry