This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Real egg nog makes these rich and creamy eggnog cheesecake squares the perfect holiday dessert! Make them for sharing at parties or for family dinners when you want a bite of everything. No matter where you serve them, everyone will love them.
Start with a perfectly easy homemade gingersnap crust, mix up the flavorful eggnog cheesecake filling, and bake them up in a baking pan. Once cooled cut the perfect eggnog squares and chill until ready to serve.
Who doesn’t love sweet and creamy eggnog? ‘Tis the season, right?? In our house, it’s everyone’s favorite for the winter holidays!
For this recipe, you can use just regular store-bought eggnog, in fact it was Darigold Eggnog. You don’t need anything special for this cheesecake.
I love grabbing an extra carton and tucking it away in the freezer for a mid-winter sip. Or if we can hold out, we enjoy it in the summer!
It does freeze particularly well. Just shake it up once it’s completely thawed and you should have thick eggnog once again.
If you love eggnog too try making my Homemade Eggnog! It’s surprisingly EASY to make and the taste is beyond delicious. Sweet, with a spicy hint of fresh nutmeg on top, it’s a showstopper.
Worried about raw eggs in eggnog? Don’t be! My recipe is cooked eggnog! Cooked enough to kill salmonella but not cooked enough to be scrambled eggs.
And if you LOVE eggnog you could also look at my Eggnog Bundt Cake! It’s got all the warm spicy flavors of eggnog but in a lovely bundt cake.
What do I need to Make Eggnog Cheesecake Squares?
- gingersnap cookies
- cream cheese
- sour cream (you can substitute greek yogurt for the sour cream)
DO I NEED Eggnog to make this Cheesecake?
If you’re having trouble finding eggnog you can sub in the same amount of half and half with some extra nutmeg, vanilla, and cinnamon in there. It’s thick and creamy enough. And the spices will help you fake eggnog!
Tools needed to make this eggnog dessert
- food processor
- medium mixing bowls
- hand mixer OR stand mixer
- rubber or silicone spatulas
- square baking pan
- parchment paper
- wire cooling rack
Cheesecake likes to sit after it’s been baked. In fact, it often tastes best the NEXT day.
Your best bet to make this the best dessert possible is to bake it the day before you want to serve it. Cool it completely on a wire cooling rack. Then cover in plastic wrap or a reusable cover. Refrigerate overnight to let all the flavors meld and come together.
Refrigerate leftovers by covering them in plastic wrap. Or put the squares in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge.
Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnaps about 20 cookies
- 3 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups eggnog
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat the oven to 350°
- line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, if you want you can use binder clips on the sides to hold the paper in place, set aside
- blitz the gingersnaps in the food processor until they're fine crumbs
- add the sugar and butter, and pulse to combine
- press the crumbs into the prepared pan
- bake for 8 minutes, then remove and let cool while you finish the filling
- meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer or stand mixer until smooth
- stir in the eggnog, eggs, and sour cream until well combined, no need to whip them, just get them mixed in well (you don't want air bubbles)
- sprinkle the flour over the top and stir to combine
- add the spices and vanilla, stirring again
- pour into the prepared crust
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- cool on a wire rack
- cover well and refrigerate for at least a day before serving for best results
- Fresh Strawberry Bread
- Easy Sausage Frittata Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2/1 Double Decker Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Sausage Tortellini Soup
- spinach stuffed chicken Breast
- Garlic Knots
- Fresh Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Best Antipasto Salad: Teen Approved
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Simple Peasant Bread
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Air Fryer Egg Rolls