This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
All the seasonal flavors of eggnog bake up together in this delicious eggnog cake! This is one Christmas cake your family will ask for again and again.
Start with a classic bundt cake recipe, add eggnog spices, real eggnog, rum, and other flavorings, bake it and then top it with a boozy rum-flavored cream cheese icing.
What kind of Eggnog do you use in an Eggnog Cake?
The uses regular old store-bought eggnog. Nothing fancy, nothing homemade, just plain Dairygold Eggnog. OR another name-brand store-bought nog. Even store brand works great!
I wouldn’t use homemade eggnog just for the simple fact that it’s not as consistent as a carton of nog. We all know that can throw a cake off.
Does this Eggnog Cake have rum in it?
This eggnog cake does have rum in it AND on it! The cake itself has real eggnog AND a splash of rum. You can substitute rum flavor for the actual rum if you like!
The cream cheese icing ALSO has a splash of rum in it. And yes you can also substitute rum flavor for the real rum!
What kind of rum should is in an Eggnog Cake?
Great question! I don’t care for spiced rum in drinks OR in recipes, it just doesn’t taste good to me. And that’s the important part, it should taste good to YOU. If you like spiced rum you’ll probably like it in this!
If you say, had a run-in with spiced rum before you were of the legal drinking age and maybe got sick from it, you may want to avoid spiced rum for the next 800 years or so. But try regular PLAIN RUM. I’m surprised at how different regular rum can taste and how it works well in this recipe!
AND how much I like it in Mojitos!
What kind of Bundt Pan Do you use?
You can use ANY 10-12 cup Bundt Cake Pan you happen to have! Love a fancy one? USE IT! Like the OG Bundt Cake pan use it! If you check out this Pumpkin Bundt Cake you’ll see that MOST pans produce BEAUTIFUL cakes no matter the design!
Or if you don’t have a Bundt Cake Pan you can make:
- Two 9-inch round cake pans OR
- Two8x5 loaf pans
- 20-24 Cupcakes
Why Not Grab my EASY free Cake Pan Conversion Sheet?
Then you can make swaps any which way you like!
Why is my Bundt Cake Sticking to the Pan?
Bundt cakes are NOTORIOUS for sticking to pans and tearing. The secret to a GOOD bundt cake is greasing the pan and making sure none of the interior of the pan is left ungreased. YES, even “non-stick” pans must be greased. Try butter, Crisco, or this Pan Release from Wilton.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, loosened not sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog, room temperature
- 2 TBSP rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
Eggnog Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp rum
- 2 TBSP eggnog, room temperature
- preheat oven to 350˚
- generously grease the bundt cake pan, leave no inside area undone
- whisk together flour and spices, set aside
- using a stand mixer beat sugars, butter, and vegetable oil together with the paddle attachment
- add the eggs one at a time, beating each egg for 10-15 seconds, and then scrape down the bowl
- stir in the eggnog, rum, and vanilla
- add the dry ingredients and mix to combine, stop and scrape the bowl one to two times while mixing the cake
- when fully mixed scrape the cake mix into the prepared pan
- bake in the preheated oven 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- cool in the pan for 20 minutes then turn upside and let it slide out on its own accord
- when the cake is completely cool make the icing
- combine the cream cheese and eggnog until smooth and runny
- add the powdered sugar stit to combine
- drizzle in the rum until the desired consistency is reached
- place cake on serving plate and drizzle with icing
- add dried cranberries, or cherries, and sprinkles if desired
- Fresh Strawberry Bread
- Easy Sausage Frittata Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2/1 Double Decker Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Sausage Tortellini Soup
- spinach stuffed chicken Breast
- Garlic Knots
- Fresh Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Best Antipasto Salad: Teen Approved
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Simple Peasant Bread
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Air Fryer Egg Rolls