This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you’re looking for a fun Christmas project to do with kids check out this EASY Cheese Stuffed Pull-Apart Christmas Tree Bread! This is a project you can make with kids that’s easy to make and share with friends AND it’s delicious too.
Canned biscuits, three kinds of cheese sticks, fresh tomatoes, grated mozzarella, and just a few fridge and pantry staples come together to make this Cheesy Christmas Tree Bread a REAL.
When to Make Christmas Tree bread?
This is one of those fun recipes you can make WITH kids so they can share with friends or at a school party. Or make it to take to an office party, no kids needed! Also great to make and serve when grandparents are over.
If you’re in the gift-giving spirit you should check out my Huge List of Handmade Homemade Edible Gifts. There is truly something for everyone on your list. Plus a LOT of the recipes and ideas are totally kids friendly!!
So grab the ingredients and let’s BAKE!
What Do I Need To Make Christmas Tree Bread?
- String Cheese Sticks
- Cheddar Cheese Sticks
- Pepperjack Cheese Sticks
- Grands Homestyle Biscuits or a Store Brand Equivalent
- Melted Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Parsley
- *optional Pretzel Sticks (for the trunk)
- Large Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Pastry Brush
Do I HAVE to use Grands biscuits?
No, you can use store brand biscuits for this project, Pillsbury Brand is not necessary. BUT be careful you do need to use LARGE size biscuits. Small-sized biscuits will not cut it for this project.
DO I have to have a variety of cheese sticks to make this pull apart christmas tree bread?
NO! You can use whatever kinds of cheese sticks you like OR have on hand. Definitely go with what you prefer so it’s to YOUR liking.
You don’t even have to use cheese sticks! You can use regular cheese cut in cubes to fill the bread.
If you’re not going to use cheese sticks then you can absolutely use ANY kind of cheese you LOVE. You’ll need 3-4 ounces of three kinds of cheese. So spruce it up get your faves in the bread and ENJOY!
Additionally, feel free to use ALL of one kind of cheese or another. There really aren’t ANY rules except you need to use CHEESE of some sort. So get creative and have fun with this Christmas Tree Bread Recipe.
- 4 string cheese
- 4 pepper jack cheese sticks
- 4 colby jack cheese sticks
- 2 cans 8 Grands Biscuits
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- preheat oven to 350˚
- line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- cut the cheese sticks in thirds
- split each biscuit in half height-wise making two large but thing pieces of dough
- wrap two pieces of cheese in each piece of dough, mix and match, there are no wrong combinations here
- starting at the bottom of the baking sheet lay out 7 dough balls, then six, until you get up to one ball at the top, you will have some remaining pieces of dough and cheese, you can bake those on a separate sheet pan
- mix the butter and garlic powder together
- brush over the whole top of the tree
- sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella
- sprinkle on the parsley
- cut the tomatoes in half and lay them over the tree
- bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the rolls are cooked through
- serve with ranch and marinara dipping sauce if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size2 rolls
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 11mgSodium 211mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Rhubarb Cookies
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Old-Fashioned Iced Molasses Cookies
- Easy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Scones with Candied Pecans
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler