This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a small commission.
A Tasty Summer Salad
Step up your summer salad game, my BLT Pasta Salad has you covered. Crispy bacon, chopped lettuce, fresh tomato, pasta, come together in a make-ahead salad that everyone will love. #pastasalad #summersalad #bltpastasalad #bltsalad #summersaladrecipe If you love my Club Sandwich Salad you have to try this one.
My Secret Ingredient in BLT Pasta Salad
My BLT Pasta Salad has a secret ingredient and it takes the flavor right over the top! I toast up some Panko and sprinkle it right on the salad, it makes it taste just like a true BLT, no kidding. Instead of panko you could just up some toasted white bread but I loved the Panko so much more than toast.
What to Serve with this Salad?
Any grilled or summer barbecue foods would be perfect with this salad. Try it with ribs, burgers, hot dogs, or even grilled chicken. Some people think because it has bacon in it, that serving it with meat would be too much. It is not too much, the bacon is there for a little crunch and flavor. An accent.
What Kind of Bacon do You Use?
Personally, for salads, I prefer thin cut bacon. And here’s why: it goes much further. Thick cut bacon is great for most things but in a salad, I prefer a thin cut strip. Of course, you can absolutely use whatever bacon you have on hand. And as always, if you have real bacon bits and you want to use them go for it!
Pasta for BLT Pasta Salad
I used penne pasta in my salad. As always use what you have on hand. OR use what you or your family prefer. Personally, I like tube pasta for pasta salad because the tube holds the dressing better. But I think bow-tie or spirals are just fine too.
Because you’re serving this chilled!
When you’re making salads be sure to keep cleanliness in mind. Klean+ makes that easy! This quick and easy to use hand spray sanitizer makes cleaning up and staying clean SO EASY! Check out Klean+ and use my code Klean10 for 10% off your order.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 pound pasta
- 4 ounces bacon, crispy cooked and chopped
- 3 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package direction
- while the pasta is cooking
- 1) make the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise and vinegar together, then whisk in the milk
- add the salt and pepper and whisk again, set aside and refrigerate until the pasta is done
- 2) toast the Panko until it browns up a bit, set to the side
- when the pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse it in cold water until it is cool, let drain completely to dry off a little
- put the pasta in the bottom of a salad bowl add bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and half the dressing, toss lightly
- add the rest of dressing and toss again
- add the bread crumbs and serve immediately
- if not serving immediately save the bread crumbs and toss with the salad 10 minutes or so before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g