This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Have you tried Air Fryer Pork Steak? If you enjoy juicy tender pork steak wait until you make them in the air fryer! One quick trip through the air fryer and you’ve got amazing tasty pork steaks the whole family will love.
These steaks start with my pantry staple’s barbecue rub and are partially air fried, before being brushed with bbq sauce and air fried until they’re cooked through.
What are Pork Steaks?
Cut from the pork shoulder pork steaks are like bigger juicier pork chops. They’re also called pork blade steaks. Think of a country-style rib BUT thin like a pork chop and you’ve got a pork steak. Plus they’re a cheaper cut so they’re budget-friendly too.
My Favorite Pantry Staple BBQ Rub
This rub is SO tasty I use it on my Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops, Oven BBQ Pork Chops, AND my Oven Barbecued Chicken. Whenever I tell my kids we’re having bbq anything for dinner I KNOW it’s going to be a hit.
Since this rub relies on products you probably already have in your pantry you won’t need anything special except your favorite sauce for these pork steaks. And if you don’t have the ingredients in your pantry I bet you’ll be finding new ways to use those spices in all the other areas of your
What do I need to make BBQ Pork Steak in the Air Fryer?
- An Air Fryer –this recipe was tested and made in a Cosori 5.8 Max XL Basket Style Air Fryer
- Pork Steak or Blade Steak
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- barbecue sauce
How to cook pork steaks
The best thing about pork steaks is that they’re hard to mess up and VERY flexible. They can be grilled, pan-fried, baked, barbecued and so much more!
One pork steak makes a hearty serving for an adult. But if you’re feeding kids you might be able to get away with making one steak stretch for two kids. I don’t know though my kids never were light eaters.
What to Serve with Pork Steaks
- 2 pork steaks totaling 1-1 1/2 pounds
- 2 TBSP light olive oil
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce, use your favorite!
- preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes
- while it heats measure the sugar and spices and mix up
- rub the oil on the pork steaks
- sprinkle the spice mix on the steaks and rub in, let them rest while the air fryer gets hot
- when the air fryer is hot lay the steaks in the basket and cook on 370 for 5 minutes
- flip and cook again for 5 minutes
- check for doneness with a meat thermometer, it should read 145°
- brush with the bbq sauce on one side and cook for 1 -2 minutes
- flip and brush with the sauce again and cook for 1-2 more minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 668Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 161mgSodium 1032mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 44g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Quick and Easy Pizookie
- Rhubarb Cookies
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Old-Fashioned Iced Molasses Cookies
- Easy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Crispy Chicken Salad
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Scones with Candied Pecans