This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Need a new way to use up the zucchini in the garden or from your CSA box? Then you need this recipe for Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks!! Even the people who swear not to like zucchini LOVE THESE!
Start with small zucchini or yellow squash and slice them into steak fry-size pieces. Then roll them in flour, egg, and a panko parmesan cheese coating before air frying in a preheated air fryer.
Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks
These zucchini sticks are perfect as an appetizer or as a snack or even a side dish. Serve them with this sriracha aioli no matter how you decide to serve them.
Another way we enjoy using up bigger zucchini is by making these crispy crunchy Salt and Pepper Zucchini Chips. They’re definitely fun for snacking!
This is a Zucchini AND Yellow Squash Recipe
That’s right you can use this recipe WITH BOTH small zucchini and yellow squash. They are essentially the same thing at the small stage and can be used interchangeably in this easy-fried zucchini recipe. I don’t know about other recipes but for this one use either baby/small zucchini or yellow squash!
The key to Good AIr Fryer Zucchini fries??
The key to making good zucchini fries is using SMALL, and therefore almost seedless zucchini. The seeds in bigger squash, yellow or green, get mushy first when you cook them. So choose the smallest you can find.
Another way to get the best zucchini fries is to choose the most uniform-sized zucchini that you can find. This means you get even cooking and NO MUSH!
If you can’t find small zucchini and they’re not of a uniform size NO WORRIES. You can still make good fries! Just cut the zucchinis as close to uniform size as possible.
What do I need to make Zucchini Fries?
- small and uniform zucchini or yellow squash
- Italian Style bread crumbs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- oil to spray or brush on the zucchini
- Air Fryer-I generally use the Cosori MAX XL 5.8 Basket Air Fryer
Are the Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Low Calorie?
YES! Zucchini is VERY low in calories and paired with the coating ingredients they still come in very low at just 53 per serving! CHECK DATA!
PLUS they’re crispy and crunchy without being deep fried. Which again means they’re of course lower in fat and calories.
- 1 pound small zucchini or yellow squash, as close to uniform in size as possible
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Italian Bread Crumbs (with the herbs and spices in them)
- oil for spraying or brushing on the zucchini sticks
- preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes
- set up three bowls and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
- in the first bowl add the flour and spices and stir to combine
- in the second bowl beat the eggs
- in the third bowl put the panko
- slice the zucchini into fry-sized pieces, cut them as uniformly as possible
- dip a piece in the flour, then in the egg, then in the crumbs, and lay it on the baking sheet
- repeat until you have enough to fill the basket of the air fryer
- fill the basket of the air fryer
- spritz or spray with oil
- set the air fryer to 380° for 10 minutes
- air fry at 380° for 5 minutes, then check and see how they're doing, if they need an extra spritz of oil go ahead and spray them now
- continue air frying until they are crispy and brown on the outside
- meanwhile, finish dipping the remaining zucchini slices
- when the timer goes off check to see how brown the zucchini fries are, if they're done to your liking put them on a platter and add more slices to the basket, spray with oil, and air fry again, or if they need another minute or two continue air frying
- repeat with the remaining slices as needed to finish them off
- serve with your favorite dip, we love sriracha aioli
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 62mgSodium 407mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 6g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Pain Aux Rasins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Easy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Grilled Aidells Sausages in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Dutch Apple Bread (Easy Recipe)
- Stuffing Pork Chop Casserole
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread