This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This beautiful Strawberry Pound Cake is sure to please everyone who tries a bite! If you need a cream cheese pound cake with a lovely strawberry glaze then this strawberry cake recipe is for you!
Delicate cream cheese pound cake marbled with a strawberry swirl, baked up in a bundt pan, and glazed with a simple strawberry glaze. People adore this strawberry cake!
If you’re looking for a cake made with REAL strawberries in the batter try my Fresh Strawberry Cake! And if you want another kind of dessert then my Strawberry Cobbler might be what you’re looking for.
How to Make the Strawberry Swirl in a Cake
This cake isn’t 100% strawberry flavored. It’s marbled with a strawberry swirl. Don’t let that swirl worry you, it’s easy!
When you’re adding the batter to your bundt cake pan is when you make the strawberry swirl. You’ll hold back half of the batter in the bowl. The dollop in the strawberry glaze and give it a stir to marble it. Then top with the remaining cake batter.
Why use warmed eggs? You’re NOT really using warm or hot eggs in this cake we’re JUST bringing them to room temperature. Quickly. Warm eggs incorporate into a cake SO much easier than cold eggs that even just giving them a warm bath to hang out in while you cream the butter and sugar helps a lot!
What do I need to make this Strawberry Pound Cake?
What do you need for a strawberry cake? Not a whole lot!
- Bundt Pan OR Tube Pan
- Cream cheese
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Strawberry Glaze
How to get your Bundt Cake Out of the Pan
One of the reasons people get disappointed with their bundt cakes is that they STICK to the pan. It may have even driven some of us to swear off making a bundt cake. (AHEM!)
BUT if you can get your hands on this Wilton Pan Release your cakes will slip right out. You can ALSO just be sure to grease your pan REALLY well and then flour it. The flour will show you where you missed any spots while greasing. Be sure to go back and grease those.
My OTHER favorite cakes
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a Cream Cheese Swirl
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Texas Sheet Cake
- Lime Pound Cake
- Grapefruit Pound Cake
If you want a breakdown on what pound cake is and the different kinds of pound cake check out this post from Call Me PMC called Pound Cake Recipes Reviewed! And for something totally different, try this Coconut Pound Cake, it looks divine!
To Store Leftovers
Store leftover pound cake covered or in an airtight container. Be aware the glaze may get softer and gooey. That’s not a bad thing just something to be aware of!
Strawberry Pound Cake
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 13 1/2 ounces strawberry glaze Marzetti Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted to remove lumps
- 3-4 TBSP heavy cream
- 1 TBSP strawberry glaze from the packet listed above
- fill a bowl with warm water and put the eggs in it to warm up this makes them mix in easier
- preheat the oven to 350°
- grease and flour your bundt OR tube pan
- beat the butter until it's soft, slowly beat in sugar
- cream for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy
- beat in the cream cheese until fluffy
- add the eggs one by one mixing well after each addition, and scraping the bowl down after each egg
- stir the flour and salt together
- add one cup at a time and scrape the bowl down after each cup as well
- stir in the vanilla
- add half the batter to the prepared pan
- dollop 1/2 cup of the glaze randomly over the cake batter by Tablespoons
- use a knife or spoon to swirl it into the cake
- pour remaining batter over the swirl layer
- bake for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- you can rotate the cake after 45 minutes if your oven is like that
- once the cake is finished baking let it cool for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack right side up
- then turn it over and take it out of the pan, this is where your fastidious greasing of the pan comes into play, it should slide right out of the pan
- let it cool for another 45 minutes or so until cooled
- make the glaze by whisking 3 TBSP of the cream and 1 TBSP of the strawberry glaze into the sifted powdered sugar
- whisk until lump-free
- use a knife and lightly go over the cake with the icing
- and then pour the rest over the cake as desired
5 thoughts on “Sweet Strawberry Pound Cake”
I was looking for an easy pink baby shower dessert and your recipe as perfect. I had some leftover strawberry filling and all the other ingredients on hand. Easy and delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!
Delicious! Made it for my mom and she was in love!
Oooh, I so can’t wait to dig into this! Pound cake and strawberries are two of my fav things and your recipes are always so amazing!
I love that pink color in the glaze! How pretty.
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!