This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Yummy fresh-made Air Fryer French Toast is the easy morning recipe you’ve been looking for! It mixes up in a minute or two and cooks up in about 4-5 minutes, so it’s perfect for busy mornings! If you’re tired of all your breakfast ideas, and honestly WHO ISN’T at this point, then you need something new! So try this delicious air fryer breakfast recipe!
Thick slabs of your favorite bakery bread, soaked in cream (or substitute milk) and egg mixture flavored with cinnamon and vanilla make this breakfast extra special! Making it in the air fryer is a modern way to enjoy classic french toast in no time at all!
a TINY story
A small tiny story about me. French toast is my all-time favorite breakfast food and I don’t even like breakfast. But if you put french toast in front of me I will put down my coffee and devour it. It’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy breakfast.
That’s it, that’s the story and it’s why I feel like Little House Big Alaska NEEDED this quick and easy breakfast food. I want you guys to KNOW where these recipes come from, and why they’re here, but I don’t want to BORE you with a novel about food. (That’s coming out next year.)
A small batch
Need to make a small batch of french toast for two? Then this recipe is for you! But if you have more people to feed this Air Fryer French Toast Recipe can be doubled! You may need to cook it in batches if you have an air fryer with a smaller basket. Even my XL Cosori is maxed out with 4 pieces in it.
Need to add protein?? Make a batch of Air Fryer Sausages AND then make french toast. Something for everyone!
The simple ingredients and tools list
- cream or whole milk
- thick slices of stale bread-see below
- An Air Fryer, this recipe was tested and made in the Corsori Max XL Air Fryer-see below in the recipe card!
- An Oil Spritzer (you can use a pastry brush and oil too) with light olive oil, and vegetable oil work fine, but not an aerosol spray oil
- pancake-turner style spatula
How do I air fry French Toast?
Generally speaking, it’s just about the same as frying it in a pan or a skillet. You need thick slabs of bakery bread OR something like that. Day-old bread works best but you can just leave it to dry out for a little bit before dipping the bread in the egg mix. Or pop it in the Air Fryer for about 1 minute to dry it out.
If you try to dip fresh bread in egg mix it can get goopy and break apart. That’s why dry thick slabs make for the best french toast.
Preheat the Air Fryer for AT LEAST 5 minutes so turn it on before you mix up the eggs to let it heat up. Mix up the eggs, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and then put it in a wide deep dish, a pie pan works great!
Dip the bread and cook it in a single layer until done
Do I HAVE to preheat the air fryer?
YES! For THIS recipe and generally speaking all recipes that say to preheat the air fryer it’s important to preheat it for the recipe to turn out correctly. Typically it helps set a wet coating or sear the exterior of whatever you’re cooking with hot air. So yes it’s important to preheat the air fryer IF the recipe says to preheat.
If you happen to have leftovers they can be kept for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Simply reheat in the air fryer to enjoy this great recipe AGAIN!
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, use more if you like
- 4 slices bread, dried out
- preheat the Air Fryer at 400˚ for at least 5 minutes
- meanwhile, use a fork to mix the eggs, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla together until well mixed
- pour the egg mixture into a wide flat shallow dish like a pie pan
- dip a slice of bread in the egg mix, let it rest a bit to soak, and then flip it over and again let it soak, not too long or it will soak up all the liquid and you'll get soggy french toast
- working quickly set on a plate and quickly dip the rest of the bread
- spray the inner basket with oil then use a pancake turner to put ALL the soaked bread pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket, you want the air fryer to be really hot for this part so don't let it cool down if the preheat cycle stops
- air fry on 400˚ for 2-3 minutes, then flip the bread using tongs and cook again at 400˚ until the bread is cooked, browned and has crispy edges, generally 3-4 minutes
- serve hot with honey, syrup, or powdered sugar
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 506Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 263mgSodium 449mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 18g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.