This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you’re looking for an alternative to the classic roast turkey for your holiday feast turn your eyes upon this MAGNIFICENT Stuffed Turkey Breast.
Flattened turkey breast rolled up around a savory cheese and spinach filling and then wrapped in the best bacon you can afford makes for a splendid centerpiece for your holiday feast!
How to flatten a turkey breast
Fortunately, you don’t need to flatten this turkey breast A LOT. It just needs a little, shaping. The idea of flattening is just to make the meat generally the same thickness so it can be rolled or stuffed or in this case BOTH.
To flatten it lay several sheets of plastic wrap on the counter then lay the boneless turkey breast on it, and cover it completely with plastic wrap. Then start pounding the thickest parts of the meat with a rolling pin. Maybe cover the rolling pin in plastic wrap as well.
What you’re looking for is the meat to be roughly 1 inch thick evenly across the entire breast. You can go thinner but just shooting for an even 1 inch will give you great results.
What do I need to Make this Stuffed Turkey Breast?
- a roasting pan
- rolling pin
- plastic wrap
- 2-3 pound boneless skinless turkey breast half, you can bone and skin if you need to
- olive oil
- lemon, some juice and lemon slices
- salt and pepper
- white wine
Holiday Feast Ideas!
Looking for more alternatives to a HUGE holiday feast? Try my Air Fryer Turkey Breast. It’s JUST the right size for a small feast. And it gives you enough leftovers to make ALL the best leftover turkey recipes like this Turkey Pot Pie, or Turkey Dumpling Soup, or this Turkey Noodle Soup!
Got leftover stuffing?? Try my AMAZING Stuffing Waffles! It’s one of the best ways to use up leftover stuffing! Look at how awesome these waffles are, I mean right?
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon, for juice AND slices
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, can use any cheese you like
- bundle of flat leaf parsley, some chopped, some for cooking, some for garnish
- 8-10 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup white wine
- preheat the oven to 350˚
- make the filling, rinse the spinach and toss in a frying pan to steam cook it for a couple of minutes, the point here is to reduce the spinach bulk and render out the water
- once it's wilted set it on a plate and let it cool a bit and then squeeze out all the water, set it aside
- heat half the oil in a small frying pan and quickly saute the onion 2-3 minutes, add the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, set it on the spinach plate to cool
- prep the turkey, lay plastic wrap on the counter lay the turkey breast on it cover with plastic wrap
- hit repeatedly with a meat mallet or a rolling pin to flatten it to roughly 1-inch thickness, remove the plastic wrap, sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside
- mix the cheese, with 2 TBSP chopped parsley and the lemon juice
- save some of the parsley for garnish and lay the remaining parsley in the roasting pan, slice the lemon, and lay slices on the parsley set aside the roasting pan
- lay filling at one end of the turkey breast, start rolling from that end
- lay the breast seam side down on the lemons
- lay the bacon over the breast slightly overlapping each slice to completely cover the whole breast, rub with remaining oil
- pour the wine in over the bottom of the pan, cover the whole pan with foil
- bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes
- remove the foil, baste with the wine sauce
- roast another 30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the turkey reads 165˚ on a meat thermometer
- let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing for best results
You can make a 2- 3 pound boneless turkey breast with this recipe
If you like you can spread the filling all over the breast and make a big spiral as well rather than JUST filling in the middle of the roll
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Easy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Grilled Aidells Sausages in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Dutch Apple Bread (Easy Recipe)
- Stuffing Pork Chop Casserole
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Quick and Simple Air Fryer Cabbage
- Raspberry Cookies