This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
What’s better than sweet soft sugar cookies? Quick and Easy Sugar Cookie Bars! All the best of a sugar cookie baked up in a bar.
Old fashioned in flavor and modern in the making, these bars are perfect especially when topped with a sweet light buttercream frosting.
Why Make THIS Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe??
There’s a lot of Sugar Cookie Bar Recipes out there why should you try this one?
THIS is THE sugar cookie recipe that made my “I hate sugar cookies” Husband actually LIKE sugar cookies. It’s an OLD family favorite cookie, not too sweet and incredibly tender. It’s a family favorite for a reason!
On TOP of the perfect sugar cookie is a soft layer of buttercream. Not too much either, just enough.
Why make Sugar Cookie Bars at ALL?!?
I know the classic sugar cookie recipes is typically rolled out and cut out with cookie cutters. Those sugar cookies have their time and place, and they’re so much fun to make!
They’re a lot of work! And while we all love them they take time. With this sugar cookie bar recipe you get ALL the flavors of sugar cookies with just minimal work.
And sometimes we just need cookies, QUICK!
Do these taste better than cookie dough in a tube?
Absolutely! They’re homemade. And you can taste it. Sure cookie dough in a plastic tube IS quick and easy they taste like they came in a tube. These take about 15 minutes longer and TASTE 100 times better.
What do I need to make these Sugar Cookie Bars?
- Softened Butter (read my tip below for softening butter quickly!)
- hand mixer OR stand mixer
- Parchment Paper or Foil
- 9×13 baking pan
How to Soften Butter Quickly
- Boil Water
- pour it in a pint jar
- let it sit 2 minutes
- pour it out
- turn the hot jar upside down over the butter you want to soften
- let it sit about five minutes
- repeat one more time if needed
My Other Favorite Cookie Recipes
My Texas Sheet Cake Cookies are pretty high up my list of all TIME FAVORITE COOKIES!
And these Florentine Cookies are a new fave!
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- preheat the oven to 350˚
- butter a 9x13 and line it with parchment so you can lift it out as one big cookie, you can also use foil for this
- cream the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy
- add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
- mix in the vanilla
- pour the flour in on the butter
- then use a fork to lightly mix in the baking powder and salt into the flour
- then use the mixer to mix everything together until the dough comes together
- scrape the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is mixed in well
- bake the cookie for 20 minutes at 350˚
- when it's lightly browned remove it frm the oven and let it cool
- when it's cool make the frosting by mixing the butter and powdered sugar together with a mixer, stir in the vanilla and salt
- add just enough milk to make a light fluffy buttercream
- frost the cookie and add sprinkles
- lift the whole cookie out of the pan
- cut into bars and serve
- Rhubarb Cookies
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Old-Fashioned Iced Molasses Cookies
- Easy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Cinnamon Glazed Pumpkin Scones with Candied Pecans
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler