This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
Zucchini season is almost here! Don’t get overwhelmed; get baking!! This delicious Zucchini Banana Bread recipe is here to help! If you love the flavor of banana bread and you have a lot of zucchini, then this is the quick bread recipe you need.
Moist and tender, this zucchini banana bread is going to be a sure hit with your family! This delicious quick bread combines the sweetness of ripe bananas with the mild flavor and moisture of grated zucchini to create a healthy and easy bread that’s perfect for an afternoon snack or breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Enjoy it warm from the oven or tucked-in lunches or leave it on someone’s porch for Leave a Zucchini on a Neighbors Porch Day! No one will complain about THIS zucchini on their porch.
Use up that zucchini!!
If you’re like many gardeners, you may find yourself with more zucchini than you want at one time, especially in late summer. While excess zucchini can be used in a variety of recipes, such as this chocolate zucchini bread or these air fryer zucchini fries, one of our favorite ways to use it up is in zucchini banana bread.
Zucchini banana bread is a delicious and healthy treat for picky eaters who might not otherwise eat their veggies. I never recommend making a recipe to hide vegetables. I do like to use vegetables in a recipe kids will enjoy and then let them know that it’s in there. That way, when you offer them that food in another form, you can remind the they liked it in this recipe or that recipe.
It sounds silly, but it really does work. All of my kids have tried to be picky, and I won them over on a lot of foods just by using that method.
Can I make this zucchini quick bread into muffins??
You sure can! A lot of quick bread recipes can be made into muffins. A single loaf will often make 12 muffins. You can use cupcake papers OR just grease a cupcake/muffin pan to make muffins with this recipe.
To make zucchini banana bread, you will need:
- ripe bananas
- fresh zucchini
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- 9x5loaf pan
Change it up!
Add a cup of chocolate chips to this recipe for a fun change. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of our favorites, it’s especially good with a cup of hot coffee. You can add white chocolate chips too. Or try a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts. Or if you don’t like this recipe try this Buttermilk Banana Bread recipe.
For a healthier version, you can try using some almond flour or coconut flour. I have not tried this, so your results are definitely not guaranteed.
Try substituting coconut sugar or maple syrup for brown sugar; again, making changes to a baking recipe can cause it not to turn out.
To store Banana Zucchini Bread
Once the bread is completely cool, store it at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Or store it in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re not planning to enjoy it all at once, you can also slice the bread and wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing. To thaw, simply leave the bread at room temperature for a few hours or microwave.
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 cups zucchini shredded (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 bananas medium size, overripe is best
- Preheat oven to 325º
- grease 9×5 loaf pan and set it aside
- Shred zucchini and set aside
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir well, and set aside
- Whisk oil, and sugar together, then add eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined
- Beat in bananas. If you’re using an electric mixer, that will do the job of mashing the banana. Otherwise, you may want to mash your banana with a fork or potato masher before adding
- Stir in flour mixture until just mixed
- Add zucchini and stir together until fully distributed
- Pour batter into a greased 5×9 inch loaf pan
- Bake in center of oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, then loosen edges of loaf from pan with a butter knife, and carefully remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.