This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you loved my Strawberry Crunch Cake wait until you try these Strawberry crunch Ice Cream Bars!! You won’t believe how much these taste like the old COl. Crunch Bars from Good Humor, yes THAT tasty.
Crunchy strawberry coating is wrapped around fresh-made no-churn strawberry ice cream to make the homemade ice cream bars of your dreams!
What is Strawberry Crunch??
If you haven’t had a chance to experience strawberry crunch now is the time! Made from golden Oreos and a strawberry flavor either from jello OR in this recipe freeze-dried strawberries strawberry crunch is one of the best summery flavors ever. Crispy golden Oreos take on the flavor of strawberry to make this crunch *pop*, don’t miss it!
For my cake, I used golden Oreos and strawberry jello blended together and then mixed with butter and baked it to make it crispy. Then it’s tossed on top of the cake.
These bars are a little different.
For the ice cream bars we’re switching it up and making the crunch from golden Oreos, butter, and freeze-dried strawberries. The freeze-dried strawberries carry the flavor of real berries for an out-of-this-world taste! And the bars just work better with freeze-dried fruit rather than jello mix.
This is a no-churn Ice Cream Recipe
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make ice cream! If you want to make regular ice you will need a machine. Normally you freeze ice cream while it’s churning to turn it from custard into ice cream.
No-Churn ice cream is not custard-based ice cream. Typically it’s made using whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk whipped to stiff peaks.
The ice cream is fully made before freezing. It can be packed in a loaf pan or in this case ice cream bar molds to be frozen.
What Do I need to Make Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- sweetened condensed milk
- golden Oreos
- freeze-dried strawberries
- a food processor
- stand mixer
- ice cream molds
- popsicle sticks if your mold doesn’t have them
You can switch out the fruit in the ice cream AND the crunchy part for raspberries if you prefer raspberries. You could also do blueberry the same way. OR combine fruit and freeze-dried fruit to make a different combination such as rhubarb IN the ice cream and strawberry crunch on the outside. Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Bars?? YES PLEASE!!
I don’t have any substitutions for this recipe at this time. Each component is there for a reason and the recipe will not work if you change them.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2-3 cups strawberries
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- 6 golden Oreos
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- dice the strawberries and put them in the blender with the sugar
- blend until pureed and then set aside, if you like you can strain out the seeds, set the puree aside
- put the heaving whipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk
- whip for 4-5 minutes until you get soft peaks
- add the vanilla
- slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk while the mixer is whipping
- keep whipping until the mixture forms stiff peaks
- if you add the vanilla and throw the sweetened condensed milk into the soft peaks you'll deflate the ic cream mix, if that happens you'll have to start again
- once the mixture forms stiff peaks it's time to fold in the strawberries, fold half of the berries, stir to combine, and then stir in the remaining berries
- spoon the mixture into the popsicle mold, bang them on the counter to release air bubbles, use a knife as well to poke down in the mild and make sure the mixture is all the way to the bottom of the mold
- freeze for 6-7 hours
- meanwhile, put the Oreos in the bowl of the food processor, pulse to chop
- take out half the cookies, add freeze-dried berries to the bowl of the food processor, pulse to combine, pour them in a bowl and stir in the remaining chopped cookies and then the melted butter
- place the crumbs on a plate or pan until ready to use
- when the popsicles are frozen and easily removed from the molds slide them out
- press the popsicles into the crumbs on the plate and then put them on a baking sheet
- if the crumbs don't want to stick lightly wet the ice cream bars and then press in the crumbs
- when all the popsicles are coated in crumbs in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 362Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 61mgSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 4gSugar 29gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies (Easy Recipe!)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Quick and Simple Air Fryer Cabbage
- Raspberry Cookies
- Candied Pecan Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Brown Butter Cowboy Cookies
- The Best Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Water Bath Canning Made Easy!
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- Pecan Pie Cookies
- Best Buckeye Brownies
- Fresh and seasonal Blueberry Crisp
- Quick and Easy Pizookie
- Rhubarb Cookies