This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you love Strawberry Crunch Cake, wait until you try these Strawberry crunch Ice Cream Bars!! You won’t believe how much these taste like the old COl. Crunch Bars from Good Humor, yes, THAT tasty.
Crunchy strawberry coating is wrapped around fresh-made no-churn strawberry ice cream to make the homemade ice cream bars of your dreams!
What is Strawberry Crunch??
If you haven’t had a chance to experience strawberry crunch now is the time! Made from golden Oreos and a strawberry flavor either from jello-like in my Strawberry Crunch Cake.
OR like in this recipe freeze-dried strawberries strawberry crunch is one of the best summery flavors ever. Crispy golden Oreos take on the flavor of strawberry to make this crunch *pop*, don’t miss it!
For my cake, I used golden Oreos and strawberry jello blended together and then mixed with butter and baked it to make it crispy. Then it’s tossed on top of the cake.
These bars are a little different.
For the ice cream bars, we’re switching it up and making the crunch from golden Oreos, butter, and freeze-dried strawberries. The freeze-dried strawberries carry the flavor of real berries for an out-of-this-world taste! And the bars just work better with freeze-dried fruit rather than jello mix.
This is a no-churn Ice Cream Recipe
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make ice cream! If you want to make regular ice cream you will need a machine. Normally you freeze ice cream while it’s churning to turn it from custard into ice cream.
No-Churn ice cream is not custard-based ice cream. Typically it’s made using whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk whipped to stiff peaks.
The ice cream is fully made before freezing. It can be packed in a loaf pan or, in this case, ice cream bar molds to be frozen.
What Do I Need to Make Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- sweetened condensed milk
- Golden Oreos
- freeze-dried strawberries
- a food processor
- stand mixer
- ice cream molds
- popsicle sticks if your mold doesn’t have them
You can switch out the fruit in the ice cream AND the crunchy part for raspberries if you prefer raspberries. You could also do blueberry the same way. OR combine fruit and freeze-dried fruit to make a different combination, such as rhubarb IN the ice cream and strawberry crunch on the outside. Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream Bars?? YES PLEASE!!
I don’t have any substitutions for this recipe at this time. Each component is there for a reason, and the recipe will not work if you change them.
BUT You could buy regular ice cream, pack it into a loaf pan, and then slice it. And go from there.
Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2-3 cups strawberries
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- 6 golden Oreos
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 TBSP butter melted
- dice the strawberries and put them in the blender with the sugar
- blend until pureed and then set aside, if you like you can strain out the seeds, set the puree aside
- pour the heaving whipping cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk
- whip for 4-5 minutes until you get soft peaks
- add the vanilla
- slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk while the mixer is whipping, if you add the vanilla and throw the sweetened condensed milk into the soft peaks you'll deflate the ice cream mix, if that happens you'll have to start again
- keep whipping until the mixture forms stiff peaks
- once the mixture forms stiff peaks it's time to fold in the strawberries, fold half of the berries, stir to combine, and then stir in the remaining berries
- spoon the mixture into the popsicle mold, bang them on the counter to release air bubbles, use a knife as well to poke down in the mild and make sure the mixture is all the way to the bottom of the mold
- freeze for 6-7 hours
- meanwhile, put the Oreos in the bowl of the food processor, pulse to chop
- take out half the cookies, add freeze-dried berries to the bowl of the food processor, pulse to combine, pour them in a bowl and stir in the remaining chopped cookies and then the melted butter
- place the crumbs on a plate or pan until ready to use
- when the popsicles are frozen and easily removed from the molds slide them out
- press the popsicles into the crumbs on the plate and then put them on a baking sheet, if the crumbs don't want to stick lightly wet the ice cream bars and then press in the crumbs
- when all the popsicles are coated in crumbs in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to an hour
- Crispy Air Fried Lemon Pepper Wings
- Rhubarb Muffins with Streusel
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Summertime Peach Crisp Recipe
- How to roast red peppers
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Exploring the Delights of Edible Flowers
- Easy Lemon Muffins
- Air Fryer Blackened Shrimp
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Creamy Ranch Chicken Skillet
- Perfect Pairings for Margarita Flavors
- Breakfast Elevated, Sushi Toast
- Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
1 thought on “Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars”
I think I may have just died and gone to heaven! I didn’t realise that strawberry crunch ice cream bars were a thing – OMG they were SO good!