These FUN Red, White, and Blue Strawberries are simply white chocolate covered strawberries made into a beautiful Patriotic Dessert! The fresh strawberries are in and here’s a fabulous way to bring them to the party.
How fun are these?! They’re perfect for little hands to help in the kitchen. Kids can dip the berries in the melted white chocolate and add the sprinkles. They’ll be SO proud of their work too.
But they’re not just for kids obviously! EVERYONE will enjoy these, and white chocolate covered strawberries are perfection.
How to Make White Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Bascially, making white chocolate covered strawberries are the same as milk or dark chocolate covered strawberries. The ONLY thing you need to do is make sure you’ve washed and dried the strawberries. If you don’t the little dark flecks from the berries can get in the chocolate and they look dirty.
So WASH the berries in cool water, give each one a little rub to get off any dirt and the dark flecks. Lay them on a towel to dry for a few minutes. Then use a clean dry towel to wipe each berry. And then put them on another dry towel to finish air-drying.
Do Not Try to Dip ANY Wet Berries in Chocolate
You will ruin the chocolate if you get water in it. The chocolate will seize up. So take the time to dry your berries really well. I know the method I describe for drying seems over the top but it works and you don’t come out with a ruined dessert.
When do you need a Patriotic Dessert?
You could do these ANY time, not just for a Patriotic Holiday! Make them for a Vet on their birthday, if that’s their thing. Or make them for Memorial Day, Flag Day (one of my favorite quiet days) or July 4th. Red, white, and blue strawberries are never wrong!
Check out my other AMAZING strawberry recipes like these Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, a simple Strawberry Puree, or these Strawberry Rhubarb Bars!
Red White and Blue Strawberries
- one pound ripe strawberries
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chips work just fine
- blue sprinkles, you could use red, white, and blue sprinkles too
- wash the berries well, rubbing off any dirt and loose debris under running water, lay to dry on a towel, then wipe dry, lay on a new dry towel to let them air dry
- while they dry melt your chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, you can also use a small saucepan with water in it and heatproof bowl over the top to melt chocolate
- just heat the chocolate until it starts to soften, remove it from the heat and stir it smooth
- line a baking sheet with parchment or foil
- dip each completely dry berry in white chocolate
- lay it on the prepared sheet and add the sprinkles, dipping the berries in the sprinkles adds a lot of sprinkles but you can do it that way too
- once the berries are dipped put the tray in the refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes