Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This quick and easy recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes is what dinner dreams are made of. Fast cooking pork tenderloins come together with crisp bacon and temptingly tender sweet potatoes for one delicious dish. This was one of those meals that brought everyone to the kitchen to ask when dinner would be ready. Want to win dinner this week? Then make this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and be ready for the compliments.
I have teen and tween boys who are always ready for dinner, like ready with GUSTO for dinner. Can you relate? It can be hard sometimes to fill them up AND have leftovers for lunches as well. I love this recipe because not only does it make a stunning main dish meal, it makes a lot of food. Enough for parents and kids to have lunches the next day. And when your kids don’t eat sandwiches you live for the leftovers that can be sent in thermoses.
Leftovers for Lunches
Actually we all eat leftovers for lunches. Everyday. It’s one of the best ways we save money on a daily basis. None of us go out for lunch, get fancy meals, buy expensive coffees or treat ourselves out. I simply make larger dinners and pack up those extras for lunches. Even I pack a lunch and I work from home. I save so much time and energy having a pre-made lunch that I can’t imagine going back to the days when I actually made lunches for myself every day. Like made dirty pans and dishes making a single meal for a single person kind of making lunch. And we don’t have a dishwasher, so I had to wash those dishes too. Now I open my pyrex dish, tuck into leftovers and think happy thoughts while enjoying last night’s dinner.
Perfect for Company Too
Don’t let that talk about leftovers for lunches fool you though. These Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Sweet Potatoes make a perfect company-is-coming dinner too. You pop them in, they make your house smell amazing while they roast up. You present them and look like you worked a miracle in the kitchen. The reality is that they look stunning but they are dead simple to make. You brown the tenderloins, wrap with bacon, pop them in oven, add the sweet potatoes and soon dinner is served and no one is the wiser.
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 2 pork tenderloins, total weight 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 sprig rosemary, 1-2 inches long plus extra for garnish
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- preheat the oven to 400
- pat pork loins dry
- mix the salt, pepper and garlic together
- rub half of the mixture on the pork loins, reserve the other half for the sweet potatoes
- heat 1 TBSP of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- when hot, quickly brown each tenderloin
- remove to a 9X13 baking
- wrap each tenderloin in 3 strips of bacon
- bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
- while the tenderloins are cooking roughly dice the sweet potatoes, toss them with the remaining oil and the salt mixture
- strip the rosemary of it's leaves and toss them with the potatoes as well
- after the tenderloins have been in the oven for 20 minutes pull them out and arrange the potatoes around them in the pan, avoid over filling the pan by cooking an extras in a small secondary pan
- roast everything for another 20 minutes
- then broil on high for 5 minutes being careful not to let the bacon burn
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 632mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g