This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This recipe for Crispy Coconut Chicken is one of my favorite ways to use skinless boneless chicken thighs! Crispy, flavorful, and full of flavor, this chicken is a family favorite!
This is one of those skinless chicken thigh recipes that you’ll come back to again and again, because yes it’s that tasty!
How to use Crunchy Coconut Chicken
I love to find a good crunchy chicken recipe that I can use in a variety of ways. Use it:
- exactly as you make it, either as chicken tenders or whole pieces of chicken
- make a double batch and use it for slicing over salads
- make them for kids for a change up to regular chicken tender
- send them for school lunches
- put them over hot cooked noodles and serve with a kicky sauce
Crispy Coconut Chicken
A Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Recipe
I don’t often buy boneless skinless chicken parts, so when I do it’s for a good reason. Crispy Coconut Chicken is one of the best uses of boneless skinless chicken thighs I’ve ever found.
You can, of course, buy bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs and make them boneless and skinless. That’s a lot of work though so I like to pay the extra money for boneless/skinless. But only occasionally because I also like money.
What do I need to make crunchy coconut chicken?
- Desiccated coconut, this is NOT the kind you buy in the baking aisle
- chicken thighs
- ground almonds OR almond flour
Crispy Chicken Thighs
The flaky, crunchy coating is the perfect counterpart to the tender, juicy chicken it surrounds and it’s totally clean eating too. No gluten, no sweeteners, no breading just nuts, coconut, eggs, and oil.
Feel free to make them full-size thighs or even cut them more like tenders. And if you really only like chicken breast you can use those too. Although sometimes I find that white meat is just too dry.
- 6 boneless skinless thighs
- 3/4 cup almond meal or ground almonds
- 3/4 cup dry flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat the oven to 400˚
- cut each thigh into 4-6 pieces or leave them bigger for strips
- pat them dry
- set up an assembly line in this order, bowl #1 beaten egg, bowl #2 almond meal, bowl #3 oil, bowl #4 coconut, at the end of this place a lightly greased baking sheet
- dip the chicken in the egg, roll in almond, lightly dip in oil and then into the coconut
- repeat with all the pieces and sprinkle with salt
- bake for about 10 minutes
- turn the pieces over and bake another 5-10 minutes or until baked through and crispy
- if you made bigger strips just cook for a few extra minutes on both sides
Cut the chicken big for strips or cut them small for nuggets, they're good both ways, you just need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. I like the strips served on a giant salad with a nice spicy mayo chipotle dipping sauce but my kids prefer nuggets and a less spicy sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Dutch Apple Bread (Easy Recipe)
- Stuffing Pork Chop Casserole
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies (Easy Recipe!)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Quick and Simple Air Fryer Cabbage
- Raspberry Cookies
- Candied Pecan Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Brown Butter Cowboy Cookies
- The Best Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Water Bath Canning Made Easy!
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- Pecan Pie Cookies
- Best Buckeye Brownies