Oven Fried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Oven Fried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a new family favorite around here. Baked on one sheet pan crispy chicken and potatoes are done are ready and to serve in just 45 minutes. Add a salad and dinner is ready when the timer goes off. I’m awfully glad sheet pan dinners have sailed in and rescued me from my dreary dinner ideas, aren’t you?
Oven Fried Chicken
Have you ever actually MADE real fried chicken? I have and it wasn’t pretty. Two skillets, hot grease, is that chicken even done yet, will it EVER be done? And in the end, I was disappointed in the results. It just wasn’t good and it never got better. I’m going to keep on trying but until then I’ll be oven frying chicken thankyouverymuch. One pan to wash, one pan to the table, one pan to rule them all, oops no never mind that last one. HA!
Sheet pan Dinners
Why are sheet pan dinners so popular right now? No Idea! But I’m eternally grateful that they are and here’s to hoping they never become un-popular. I’m a sheet pan dinner for life kinda a girl and I’m never going back! Have you tried my Kielbasa Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner? Or how about the Alaska Cod Sheet Pan Fajitas. Both quick and easy sheet pan dinners that get you out of the kitchen and back to your life. I plan to keep sharing 1-2 new recipes a month. Do you have any personal favorites? Or ideas for sheet pan meals? I’d love to hear them!
Change it up!
Obviously, this recipe is endlessly customizable. Don’t like oven fried chicken thighs? Change them out. Can’t have gluten make gluten-free bread crumbs Like it spicy add a TBSP of sriracha to the eggs! Would you rather have sweet potatoes, try it out, it may be the best thing ever. I like this Oven Fried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner this way, simple, done and ready to feed the family.
Oven Fried Chicken and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs substitute unseasoned bread crumbs if you like
- 2 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp italian herbs
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 tsp pepper divided
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 TBPS olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 8 bonless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 eggs
- preheat oven to 400˚
- lightly grease a sheet pan
- mix the bread crumbs, herbs, parmesan, half the salt, pepper and garlic, set aside
- cut each potato in half, toss with olive oil and the rest of the salt, pepper and garlic
- press the cut side of each potato in the crumb mixture and place cut side down on the sheet pan
- beat the eggs in a bowl
- dip a piece of chicken in the egg, shake off excess, roll in crumbs shake off excess, place around potatoes on the baking sheet
- repeat until the chicken is all coated
- place in the oven and bake on 400˚ for 45 minutes or until juice run clear
- If your chicken pieces are smaller this will finish cooking quicker, start checking for doneness around 30 minutes if using smaller pieces
- change baking time accordingly if you switch to bone in chicken