This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
There’s just something about this flavor that keeps people coming back for it. And these Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Bombs are NO EXCEPTION.
Big beautiful Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Bombs are loaded with marshmallows and melt when hot milk is poured over them into the best red velvet hot chocolate you’ve ever had!
I know a lot of people don’t like red velvet and that’s ok. If you happen to love red velvet well then keep reading because you’re going to love making these cocoa bombs.
What You Need to Make Red Velvet Cocoa Bombs:
- Red Candy Melts-Found at Michaels or on Amazon
- White Candy Melts-Found in most major grocery stores, you can also use white chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows-Do not skip these, they are the star of the show!
- Hot Cocoa Mix-You need roughly 1/2 scoop for each cocoa bomb.
- Sprinkles-Any sprinkles you like!
- The Right Size Mold for Cocoa Bombs
- A double Boiler OR Microwave for melting candy melts
What Size Mold Do I Need for Cocoa Bombs?
Great question! You need THIS Hot Chocolate Bomb mold from Amazon. Do NOT go for a smaller sphere, they don’t work as well! This sphere mold from amazon is about 2 1/2 inches across, and it makes the BEST cocoa bombs.
If you’re going to go with some other SHAPE than sphere make sure it’s big enough to fit the chocolate shell, the cocoa mix, and the mini marshmallows.
Read My How to Make Cocoa Bombs Post
My How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs post has ALL the information you NEED to make cocoa bombs successfully.
- You’ll find out how to coat the mold and what to do if you have problems with coating it.
- How to stick the two sides together, the RIGHT way. Yes, there is a wrong way!
- How to fill the cocoa bombs, and what to put in them.
- The BEST way to melt the cocoa bombs so they look like a TikTok Video! Yes, it’s important, otherwise why not just have a cup of cocoa??
- AND SO MUCH MORE! I really recommend you read the post so you’re ready for success!
Pin This One For Later!
- 2 cups red candy melts
- 3 TBSP hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
- white chocolate OR candy melts for drizzling
- sprinkles as desired
- lay your cocoa bomb mold on a small baking sheet
- put the candy melts in the top of a double boiler over medium-low heat
- stir occasionally to melt the candy melts
- when melted use a spoon to plop a spoonful of red candy melt in one half of a silicone sphere, use the spoon to slather it up the sides all the way around the mold
- repeat with the remaining 5 spheres
- double-check to make sure the spheres are completely covered and you've gone right up to the rim
- then pop the baking tray in the freezer for 10-15 minutes
- while the spheres freeze put a plate over the top of the double-boiler to warm up, you'll need it to fuse the two halves together
- when the molds are firm pull them out, look for thin places, and patch with a little of the cooled candy melt, hot candy melt will ONLY melt your sphere more
- once your spheres are looking good bend the mold back to unmold them, that's why it's important to use a super flexible sphere mold, it bends SO easily!
- place the unmolded spheres on the cold baking tray you had in the freezer with them
- put 1 TBPS of cocoa or MORE as desired in each of the three bottom halves
- top with all the marshmallows you can squeeze in
- take the top sphere, warm it on the hot plate for a quick moment to let it melt just a bit, and place it on top of the bottom half and hold it until it cools
- repeat with the other spheres
- place the finished bombs in the freezer to firm up
- To Finish Them: 1) you can melt the white candy melts and drizzle them on top of the finished cocoa bombs and add sprinkles
2)OR use the last bits of the red melts, and make a "belt" around the finished bomb, roll it in sprinkles while it's still soft and refreeze
- TO SERVE: warm milk until it's steaming hot, put it in a teapot or something with a long pour spout
- Place a cocoa bomb IN a mug with the seam side up(for best melting!) and pour the VERY hot milk slowly on the seam the chocolate will melt, and the marshmallows will POP up
stir before drinking for best results!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
La Patisserie 1.5 Quart Double Boiler w/ 4 Chocolate Molds - 3 Piece Stainless Steel Double Boiler Pot for Melting Chocolate, Candle Making, Soap Melting and Wax Melting
Wilton Red Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz.
Make'n Mold Vanilla-Flavored Melting Candy Wafers Red, 12 Ounce
6 Holes Silicone Mold For Chocolate, Cake, Jelly, Pudding, Handmade Soap, Round Shape Half Sphere Mold Non Stick, BPA Free Cupcake Baking Pan
Amount Per Serving Calories 200Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 6mgSodium 227mgCarbohydrates 193gFiber 1gSugar 134gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Easy Danish Pastry
- How to Make Churros
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe
- Dampfnudel for the GBBO Bake-Along
- How to Cover Bread Dough
- Viennese Whirls Recipe with American Measurements!
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Stanley Classics Makes Outdoor Fun Warm and Tasty
- Lemon Drizzle Cake for the Bake-Along!
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles