This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that looks fancier than it is! This dish is perfect for busy families looking for a hearty and comforting meal that is filling and packed with flavor. Need an easy chicken recipe the whole family will love, this is it!!
Tender chicken breasts are stuffed with a creamy spinach filling, perfectly seasoned, and baked in the oven until golden brown cooked through! Got someone who thinks they don’t like spinach?? This is a very likable chicken full of cheesy spinach filling.
This recipe is a great way to try spinach differently, sometimes you only need to try something in new ways before you realize you like it!
Dinner party Worthy!
Stuffed chicken breasts are perfect for a casual dinner party or a special occasion, it looks fancy but it’s easy to make. People always think stuffed chicken or stuffed pork chops are hard to make. Shhhh the secret is they only look and taste difficult, they’re really easy! And if you have someone who is low carb or on the keto diet this recipe will work for them too!
The best way to cut chicken breasts for stuffing
Pat the boneless skinless chicken breast dry with paper towels and lay it on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife and cut a slit on the long side of the chicken breast.
Don’t butterfly the chicken breast, just make it a little pocket. Once they’re cut they’re ready to stuff. Don’t worry if the chicken doesn’t completely close up after stuffing, it’s supposed to be like that!
Also a family Dinner Recipe
The hearty portions make it a great dinner option for busy families, teens will love the larger portions. If you have younger kids consider cutting the breasts in half and then stuffing them into smaller portions. Too much food can be intimidating! Use toothpicks to hold the chicken shut if needed.
What do I need to make stuffed chicken breast?
- Cream cheese softened
- grated parmesan cheese could also use shredded parmesan cheese
- minced garlic
- Chopped fresh spinach leaves
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
- optional red pepper flakes
- optional chopped parsley for garnish
- cutting board
- paper towels
- 2-quart baking dish or large skillet for baking
Can I add more or different kinds of cheese to the filling?
YES! You can add more parmesan cheese if you love it super cheesy. OR try adding mozzarella cheese to the filling along with the parmesan. Or for fun add some feta cheese to the filling too! Or try Boursin Cheese for a smooth creamy goat cheese filling.
What to serve with Stuffed Chicken Breast?
There are SO many ways to go with this question. Make Garlic Knots or Peasant Bread or Quick Dutch Oven Bread for a bready element. Serve it with this BEAUTIFUL antipasto salad. Or fire up the air fryer for these air fryer Brussels sprouts or Air fryer Green Beans.
I bet you do! This makes 4 large servings but if you’re serving these to kids you might only need stuffed chicken breast per 2-3 kids To store leftovers put the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can reheat it in the oven or in an air fryer.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup parmesan shredded
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups spinach fresh, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Cream the cream cheese, parmesan, mayo, and garlic together in a medium bowl
- Stir in spinach
- pat the chicken dry and place it on a cutting board
- Using a sharp knife, cut a large slit into the long side of each chicken piece, almost all the way through but not quite
- Stuff each chicken breast with one-fourth of the spinach mixture
- Arrange in a baking dish, and brush with olive oil
- Mix paprika, salt, onion powder, and black pepper together in a small bowl, and sprinkle on top of chicken
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160°, make sure you take the temp of the actual meat and not JUST the cheesy filling, once you test in the thickest part of the meat and it’s 160°F let it rest after cooking so the internal temperature comes up to 165°