This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
I love a good Tater Tot Casserole; hot warm comfort food in the middle of winter is just really hard to beat. This Bacon Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole is a bold new variation on an old fave!
Layers of all the best ingredients make this casserole one of the best! Crispy baked tater tots, sour cream, and soup mixed with ranch spices and herbs, cooked chicken, topped with cheese and bacon, and MORE tater tots.
Mix it up, bake it, go play a game, and dinner is mostly done. You’ll be rewarded with a cheesy, tater-tottery, bacon, ranchy casserole that everyone loves to love. If you love potato chicken casseroles, try this 5 ingredient chicken hashbrown casserole.
Start with the Classic hot dish Base Cream of chicken soup
Using a Cream of Chicken Soup makes it quick and easy to whip together. “Cream of soups” from Campbell’s are the absolute classic base for all hot dishes. When I was growing up we had a lot of versions of tater tot casseroles, we were SO lucky!
I thought Tater Tot Casseroles were universal, was I wrong! So many folks wrote to me to comment on my Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole post–about how they’d never tried one–and I must confess, I was surprised.
Here are a couple of ways to mix up the Classic Tater Tot Casserole
- Try using different kinds of cheese, sharp, or mozzarella, or even smoked cheeses that taste amazing in this casserole
- Substitute Crispy Crowns for the tater tots
- Use different meats like sausage or ground turkey or even leftovers
- Add vegetables to the soup mix!
- try this df/gf chicken potato casserole for an allergen-free dinner
Or if you don’t like ranch, even the combo of herbs that I use in this recipe, like dill, onion, garlic, then try a Chicken Tater Tot Casserole!
What do I need to make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole??
- 9×13 baking dish
- tater tots
- cooked chicken, you can use dark or light meat, a great way to use up a rotisserie chicken, or cook up these air fryer grilled chicken tenders!
- cream of chicken soup or use cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar OR a mix of cheese
- ranch dressing herbs onion powder, garlic powder, dill weed
- bacon, you can use real bacon or real bacon bits
Need a Low Carb Casserole Idea?
Try this Keto Chicken Taco Casserole from Keto Cooking Wins for a low-carb casserole for all your low-carb or diabetic friends!
LOVE Bacon Ranch?? Try these recipes too!
Who doesn’t LOVE a casserole though??
This Chicken Hash Brown Casserole looks positively DELICIOUS! And this Chicken Fajita Casserole will knock your socks off! And if you need a crock pot casserole, then try my Chicken Cordon Bleu Crock Pot Casserole!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 pounds Tater Tots
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup use low salt if desired
- 1//2 cup sour cream
- 2-3 cups chicken cooked, light or dark meat or a mix!
- 3/4 cup bacon cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar OR your favorite shredded cheese mix OR your favorite shredded cheese mix
- preheat the oven to 400˚
- line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with about half the Tater Tots
- in a mixing bowl whisk the dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley
- whisk in the soup and the sour cream
- mix in the chicken and the herbs and spices
- spread over the tater tots in the pan
- sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and most of the bacon
- top with remaining tater tots
- bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour until it's bubbling hot
- sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bacon and bake five more minutes
- serve hot
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
- Hearty Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup