This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
These bats are so much for to take to a party. “What did you bring, BATS??” And they’re definitely a hit with everyone. Who doesn’t like Oreos and Reeses?? No one I know!
Make-Ahead Halloween Bat Treats
You can make these ahead of time for school parties. Deliver up a platter of bats to the school party premade and ready to eat. SO much fun!
Deliver up the makings for these and let kids make their OWN bats. Party food AND craft in one! Kids get the chance to make their own treat and then eat it. Personally, I prefer these kinds of “crafts” because kids aren’t learning to make things just to make them, they’ve got a purpose.
There isn’t anything too complicated with these so it’s perfect for most ages. Most kids probably just need a small amount of supervision with this food craft. The only hard part might be that you use a knife to cut Oreos.
Depending on the kid and the school, they may be able to do this part as well. Or for younger kids, you can pre-cut the Oreos. Or work WITH them to help them cut the cookies in half. Learning to use a knife safely is a great skill to have!
What do you need to make these Bat Treats?
- Reeses Cups
- frosting for edible glue
- candy eyes
See? Nothing hard too hard to find at the grocery stores. But let’s talk about those CANDY EYES!
Where to find Candy Eyes?
One note about those candy eyes but them when you see them! Or grab them off Amazon NOW before they become scarce. The closer we get to Halloween the harder it is to find candy eyes, so if you’re even THINKING of making treats with them buy they when you see them.
Here’s where I’ve found candy eyes:
- Joann’s in the Halloween Section
- Michaels Craft Store also in the Halloween Sections
- Fred Meyer
Love Halloween Inspired Food? Try a few of these!
- Spider Web Donuts
- Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa Mix
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ghost Bark
- Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix
- Money/Calories/Time Saved by Making PSL at Home
- Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home
- Pumpkin Cake Jars
- Doughnut Hole Eyeballs
- Vampire Doughnuts
- Green Monster Chocolate Fruit Clusters
- 10 single Reeses Cups
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- 20 candy eyes
- decorator icing, black or any color will work
- cut each Oreo in half, the best way is to do it quickly with a sharp knife
- apply a dab of decorators icing to the corner of each cut Oreo
- place each cut Oreo on the front side of the Reeses cup to secure the wings
- apply a dot of icing to each eye and place on the bat
- let the icing firm up before serving and eating
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.