This recipe for an Easy Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Dinner was made using Pereg Shawarma Seasoning, sent to me by Pereg to try out. I was under no obligation to post about but it’s so good I couldn’t keep it a secret!
Ok, you guys KNOW I love a good sheet pan dinner. I’ve got my fave Cod Fajitas Sheet Pan Dinner and this Oven Fried Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner, both total family favorites. And it’s no wonder, they are damn tasty!
Then there’s the Pierogies and Smoked Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner and Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. We love those too because toasted pierogies are the bomb. Actually, my kids would eat pierogies without anything else for dinner at least a couple of nights a week. If I let them that is!
Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Dinner
And now we’re adding this new flavor-filled chicken sheet pan dinner, Easy Chicken Shawarma! While the oven preheats you toss cut up chicken breasts with Shawarma Seasoning. Then chop up a couple of onions and bell peppers as well. Toss everything on a sheet pan and roast for 25-30 minutes. Quick, flavorful, and downright simple!
Easy Chicken Shawarma
REAL Shawarma is not this easy, but it does taste about the same. The real deal is one of those stacked meat cones, that is then carved off of and quickly grilled. Served on a flatbread with grilled veggies, tahini, hummus, tzatziki sauce, an assortment of veggies and pickles make great additions.
We LOVE Sheet Pan Dinners
There are so many reasons we LOVE sheet pan dinners. Let me share them with you:
- typically made using ONE sheet pan, if you have teens you may end up making two pans, no one will blame you
- you cook everything on ONE PAN
- usually cooks in UNDER 35 minutes, WINNING
- no need for elaborate side dishes, just add a simple salad in most cases, sometimes tortillas or flatbreads
- ALL cooks together so no watching the timer for different cooking times
- seem to be popular with my kids but that could be MY enthusiasm wearing off on them
- When time is tight or I need to be doing two things at once I love the ease of a sheet pan dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tablespoon Shawarma Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet onions
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 Flatbreads
- Tahini or other sauces, see notes
- preheat oven to 400˚
- cut chicken in roughly 1x2 inch strips, no need to be perfect, if you prefer small pieces just be aware they will cook faster
- place chicken in mixing bowl, toss with 1 TBSP oil, and the Shawarma seasoning, mix well and let rest until ready to cook
- cut the pepper in roughly 1-inch strips
- cut the onion in half and then cut int 1-inch pieces
- lightly grease a sheet
- toss the vegetables with the remaining oil
- spread them out on the sheet pan
- add the chicken
- sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt
- bake at 400˚ for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is good through
- keep an eye on the pan, if your chicken breast were the kind injected with a brine it may get very juicy, you can easily drain off some of the juice if you need to
Serve with Flatbread, Naan, Pita Bread, Tortillas and a variety of condiments and whatever chopped vegetables or pickles you like
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 421 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 895mg Carbohydrates: 57g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g