Chocolate Whipped Cream
Chocolate whipped cream is a really great topping for any cup of cocoa that needs a little oomph. It’s light, airy, chocolatey, and super easy to make too. You can even use to top cupcakes or slices of cake as long as you’re just serving it right away. This whipped cream is not for frosting cakes though, it will melt away pretty quickly. It’s also great in coffee. Or straight from the spoon. Ahem.
Not for frosting cakes though
Anytime you see cakes frosting with whipped cream you need to remember that when they’re using it like that they’re making it stabilized. That means you need to add gelatin to the mix. I’ve never made stabilized chocolate whipped cream before. I suppose it’s pretty easy though, just be sure there are no lumps of gelatin in the mix.
Use it on Cocoa
To make Whipped Cream
You will need a deep bowl, a sturdy arm, and a whisk to make this recipe. Or a sturdy mixer or a stick blender. Chill all whipped cream making utensils for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator to make your whipped cream making experience foolproof. If you forget to chill your bowl and whisk or whisk attachment you can put them in the freezer for about five minutes to get them cold, it’s a quick chill method that works.
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- in a deep bowl or the bowl for you mixer mix 1 cup of heavy cream with the sugar
- stir to dissolve the sugar
- run the cocoa through a sifter or fine sieve to remove the lumps
- add the cocoa to the cream and sugar and stir well- most of lumps will be gone
- pour in the rest of the cream and the vanilla
- beat on high speed until the cream is thick and full and stands up in stiff peaks
- stop beating when it hits this stage or you will end up with chocolate butter and no it doesn't taste good
- if you do not have a mixer you can whip this by hand keep whipping until it stands up in stiff peaks
- you may also use a stick blender whipping until it again stands up but keep the stick blender submerged or you will cover your kitchen in whipping cream