Have you tried making baked doughnuts yet? Baked doughnuts are kind of life-changing, all the fun of a doughnut without hot oil. They’re quick to make, a MUST for me, perfect with a cup of coffee and they look like you spent forever making something fancy when you didn’t.
Baked Sour Cream Doughnuts with Lemon Glaze
Whether you’re new to baked doughnuts or you’ve been a long time fan, you’ve got to try my recipe for Baked Sour Cream Doughnuts with Lemon Glaze; you’ll thank me for it!
Baked doughnuts aren’t a new thing the little pans have been around for a few years. You can buy them on amazon or target or any cooking oriented store. I happened to say out loud one day, “gee I want a doughnut pan.”
The next day I walked by one in the Thrift Store and grabbed it for a dollar. Isn’t universe is like that sometimes?
Best Ones Yet
Is what I muttered as I nibbled a still warm doughnut. I’ve been experimenting with my pan, making variations of quick bread recipes cut down to fit the pan, I made a cinnamon one a few months back, that was top notch.
Now I think I’ve perfected this light lemony doughnut with just the right tang of lemon icing on top. Oh so decadent. But also light and airy.
I’d like to try a banana recipe next to help get rid of our overabundance of super ripe bananas. I’m thinking something like this family favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Streusel Topping, yes??
These Baked Sour Cream Doughnuts with Lemon Glaze whip up in under ten minutes and they’re out of the oven in about twelve minutes, so, all in all, you could be eating fresh doughnuts in under 30 minutes. If you really wanted them you could be eating them in under 30 minutes is all I’m saying. What?
Have you made baked doughnuts yet??
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter, you can use vegetable oil instead
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- preheat oven to 350˚
- lightly grease two doughnut pans and set aside
- zest the lemon, set aside
- juice the lemon and strain out seeds-you will need a 1/4 cup for this recipe
- whisk the sour cream, egg, butter, 1 tsp of lemon juice, a pinch of lemon zest and the sugar together until smooth
- mix 2 cups of flour, with 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and quickly stir together
- fill the doughnut pans evenly
- bake at 350˚ for 10-12 minutes or until they spring back to the touch
- meanwhile mix the confectioners sugar with the lemon juice, add a small amount of the juice to start with just in case it gets to runny
- add a little lemon juice at a time until the icing is mixed but not too runny
- when the doughnuts are done cool for 3 minutes in the pan
- then gently lift them out to a cooling rack
- while the doughnuts are still slightly warm dip the tops in the icing
- sprinkle with reserved lemon zest
- best enjoyed warm
- you will need 2 doughnut pans OR using the recipe card above cut the recipe in half to make six for one doughnut pan
Serving Size12 doughnuts
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 63mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 31gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.