Crispy Baked Burritos
I love a good crispy fried burrito or is that a chimichanga? I don’t know but I love them, that crispy flaky flour shell gets me every time. Except where can you buy them anymore? I don’t know and now it doesn’t even matter because I’ve mastered the art of making Crispy Baked Burritos at home.
Baked Burritos to the rescue!
Of course I am not whipping out the deep fat fryer or the dutch oven to fry them. I hate the smell that lingers after frying. I’m baking up these crispy flaky burritos and every one in my house cheers when they see me rolling burritos for dinner. Serve them with a little fresh salad and salsa and dinner is complete.
These crispy burritos are the perfect quick lunch or dinner. And they’re vegetarian too! How can they get any better? Oh yeah they’re easy on the pocket book!
- 31 ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 ounces cheese, shredded
- 4 large flour tortillas
- oil, for brushing on top
- preheat the broiler on high
- heat the beans in a sauce pan with the salsa
- divide the beans evenly between the tortillas
- top each with 1 ounce of cheese
- roll the burritos up folding one side in first, then the two side and give it a roll to finish it
- place the burritos in a heat proof pan and brush with oil
- place in the lower section of the oven and cook for about 10 minutes
- letting them bake crispy
- Putting them in the lower part of the oven is essentially baking them and then when the broiler cycles on it will make the tops crispy brown. Be careful if you put them too near the element they will burn pretty quick. And then you'll be sad after making such a quick delicious dinner.