If you love a good crispy cracker here’s an easy cracker recipe for you! These snappy parmesan crackers are the perfect snack pairing for a cocktail night or a cheese plate.
When you’re making these parmesan crackers one thing you need to remember is that you’ve got to use the dried grated parmesan not fresh shredded. Fresh shredded just has too much moisture for these crackers to work. I added a link to the recipe card if you’re looking for the exact kind of Parmesan I mean.
Savory Biscuits ARE Homemade Crackers!
As far as the Great British Baking Show is concerned anyway. Yes, savory biscuits were made for Biscuit Week. I was honestly expecting to make some fabulous cookies but NO that wasn’t the case.
What are British Biscuits?
SORRY! I should explain. In Britain Biscuits mean crispy snappy cookies. SO when you hear biscuit think crispy cookie.
But for THIS bake during Biscuit Week they’re asking for crispy snappy savory biscuits. I chose to make snappy parmesan crackers.
The Bake choices for Biscuit Week were:
- Signature Bake Savory Biscuits-snappy crispy crackers
- Technical Bake Chocolate Tea Cake–chocolate dome filled with marshmallow and topped with a digestive biscuit–all completely covered in tempered chocolate
- Show Stopper Bake a Gingerbread Biscuit Creation-must taste good as well as look amazing!
Top Tips for Crispy Homemade Crackers
- Roll them thin, I linked up to my favorite kind of rolling pin in the recipe card so be sure to check out the rolling pin with rolling guides-it makes it so easy to roll things thin!
- cut them all the same size so they cook evenly like these Rosemary Oatmeal Crackers
- bake them just long enough to crisp them without burning
- move to a cooling rack so they don’t get soft on the baking sheet
- eat them within 24 hours
- Serve them with this FAB Lasagna Soup, you won’t be sorry!
If you LOVE baking and you want to join a group of friendly bakers who support each other why not join the Great British Baking Show Bake-Along? We DO pick a show and bake throw it several times a year but we ALSO provide support and knowledge in the friendliest place on Facebook.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- add the flour, butter, seasonings, water, and egg to the bowl of a stand mixer
- mix 2-3 minutes
- add the parmesan, mix another 1-2 minutes
- divide the dough in half
- lay a sheet a parchment paper on the counter
- roll half of the dough out to 1/4 inch thick, if it cracks simply patch it, slide the paper on a baking sheet
- repeat with the second half of the dough
- chill for 30 minutes
- when ready to bake preheat the oven to 375˚
- cut the crackers with a large 3-inch cookie cutter
- bake the crackers for 15 minutes or until they're golden brown
- be sure to bake the little extra bits of dough they make tasty snacks!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.