Yes yes it is ANOTHER slow cooker freezer meal. I’m finally halfway measuring what I’m throwing in the freezer bags so I can actually share with you the goodness we’ve been noshing all summer. Only 2 more left after this, I swear on a stack of crock pots! But I’ve had so many people ask “aren’t you tired of the crock pot dinners?” Um not yet but very soon I will have counters to work on and a day mostly to myself so I can actually cook with nary a slow cooker in sight.
That being said I will be spending one day every few months making up a whole slew of these easy dinners so those days that rear up and attack me will at least end in a warm meal and a warm bed(not at the same time) Our last big remodel hurdle comes this weekend when we rip out the last remaining cupboard, stain/seal the floor and then install cabinets. Lots of work left to do but I dare the say the end is in sight.
- 4 pounds beef, tough cuts work great don't waste money on good cuts here
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup honey , or maple syrup, your choice I use them both and sometimes some of each
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inch chunk ginger , peeled and chopped or grated
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 1 gallon freezer bags
- cut the beef in pieces not small though you don't want shredded meat you want bigger pieces that will stew nicely
- divide between 3 freezer bags
- divide the remaining ingredients evenly between the 3 bags
- push all the air out, label and freeze on a cookie sheet
- To Cook: **each meal will require 1 pound frozen green beans and hot cooked rice**
- place the contents of the bag in a crock pot
- cover and cook on high 6 hours
- use a spoon to break up the pieces very slightly you are not shredding the meat but rather making roughly bite sized pieces
- pour the green beans around the beef, cover and continue cooking for another 90 minutes or so
- cook a pot of rice during this time to serve with the Garlic Ginger Beef
- serve over rice with cooking juice on top
makes 3 meals each meal will require 1 pound frozen green beans and hot cooked rice
Make rice cooking go faster by presoaking all day either in a pot on the stove or in the rice cooker. Also please note this is how OUR family likes it, you may not like ginger or the sweet of the honey, so of course make the applicable changes that make it perfect for your family.