Crock Pot Hot Fudge Cake
Did you know you can bake in your crock pot?? YES! It’s totally true. This recipe for Crock Pot Hot Fudge Cake proves it. Toss everything, set the crock pot and come back to CAKE! Does it get any better than that?
Or slow cooker, whatever you call that pot you plug in and it cooks all day. I grew up with crock pot, somehow that’s been changed to slow cooker. This is an easy, quick little recipe for a tasty dessert that you’ll want to eat with friends when it’s fresh and hot, it doesn’t taste so great the next day. I believe the only reason we had leftovers is that my family is full of freaks, they said it was TOO CHOCOLATY. Whatever. I have never heard such blasphemous words spoken in the face of dessert, too chocolaty.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 6 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups boiling water
- For the cake: mix the dry ingredients through the salt with a whisk in a mixing bowl
- mix the milk, butter and vanilla together and add to the dry
- mix well and pour/scoop into the cooking crock
- then sprinkle the sugar over the cake batter
- sprinkle on the unsweetened chocolate pour the boiling water over
- do not stir
- cover and bake 2-2 1/2 hours on high
- let it cool for at least 1/2 an hour
- to serve scoop it out and turn in up side down on a plate covering the cake with the sauce
This is a super sweet dessert but since we haven’t had any baked goods all week I thought it would be a nice treat. I certainly don’t recommend such sugary treats as everyday foods, but as a special treat sure! I can see whipping this up for a girls night in sort of party, the ladies I know would never dream of uttering the phrase “too chocolaty” and this would be a hit.