This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Need a new air fryer appetizer recipe?? Here you go! These air fryer stuffed mushrooms are a delicious appetizer everyone loves to love! Even if you don’t like mushrooms this is a great recipe to help you change your mind!
Softened cream cheese is mixed with shredded cheese, spices, and herbs, and stuffed into jumbo white mushroom caps. Then they’re dipped in seasoned bread crumbs, spritzed with oil, and air fried to crispy browned perfection!
Favorite Appetizers or favorite Side dish?
You can serve these as the perfect appetizer at your next party. OR serve them as a side dish! We enjoy them with roast or alongside a salad for a lighter dinner or a low-carb dinner. They’re different and interesting and come together with just a handful of ingredients.
What do I need to Make Stuffed Mushrooms in the Air Fryer?
- cream cheese softened at room temperature
- Jumbo white button mushrooms OR regular white button mushrooms or even cremini mushrooms which are just baby bella mushrooms
- Shredded cheddar or a blend of cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped onion
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning herbs
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil or light olive oil
- Optional Additions: a drop or two of sriracha or a pinch of red pepper flakes
Tools needed to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Frying pan
- Air fryer
- Oil Sprayer (NOT Pam or other aerosol sprays)
- Tongs (maybe rubber-coated tips to save your air fryer basket)
- Wooden spoon
- Hand held mixer
Make ahead for the easiest appetizers!
The next time you’re having a party and making loads of appetizers to serve up, make these stuffed mushrooms up the point of filling them with stuffing. Then put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them.
Then dip the tops in the bread crumbs, spritz with oil, and air fry. Hot fresh stuffed mushrooms will be a real crowd pleaser!
What type of mushroom to use?
I used jumbo white button mushrooms. You can use small or regular button mushrooms. Baby Bella mushrooms are also called cremini mushrooms.
Any and all of these can be used interchangeably, The ONLY thing that will change between the types of mushrooms is cook time. Bigger mushrooms will take a little longer. Smaller mushrooms will take a little less time to cook.
Whichever one you choose will STILL make delicious air fryer stuffed mushrooms.
How to clean mushrooms
Don’t completely soak mushrooms in water to clean them. They can soak up a lot of water! To clean mushrooms just get a damp kitchen towel or even a damp paper towel and wipe any loose dirt and detritus off.
Our other favorite recipes for Air Fryer Appetizers:
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers
- Air fryer Fried Pickles
- Bacon Wrapped dates
- Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms Recipe
How to Store Leftovers
These air fryer mushrooms can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. You can reheat them or enjoy them cold!
- 12 ounces Jumbo Button Mushrooms (about 12)
- 2 TBSP chopped onion
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp horseradish (optional but delish!!)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or a cheese blend
- 2 TBSP grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian herbs
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stems
- Set the clean mushroom caps to the side
- Cut off the tough ends of the stems and then chop the remaining parts
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the oil
- saute the chopped onion and mushroom stems in the hot oil, cook until tender but not browned or crispy
- set aside to cool
- Put the cream cheese and horseradish, if using, in a medium size bowl
- Add the cheese and seasonings
- When the mushrooms and onions are cool
- Add them to the cream cheese and blend them with the hand mixer until well combined
- Taste the cream cheese mixture and add more salt, or garlic powder as needed, also you can add a little hot sauce or red pepper flakes
- Hit the preheat button on the air fryer and let it preheat for 5 minutes at 400°
- Divide the filling between the mushroom caps
- Put the bread crumbs on a plate
- Press the stuffed mushrooms filling side down in the seasoned bread crumbs
- When the air fryer is preheated set the filled mushrooms in the basket, you may need to cook the mushrooms in batches
- Spray lightly with vegetable oil or use a pastry brush to pat oil on the bread crumbs
- Air fry the mushrooms at 360° for 6 minutes, then open it and see how it's looking, if the crumbs are browned and mushrooms and softened they are done
- If not air fry again for 2-3 minutes and well browned
- Let them cool a bit before eating because they will be hot and juicy!
- Classic Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake