Love the flavor of Buckeye Candy? Want it in a brownie?? Try this recipe for the BEST Buckeye Brownie recipe. If you love chocolate peanut butter brownies this recipe is for you!
Buckeye Brownies are an amazing combination of a decadent brownie recipe and the peanut butter fudge filling in regular buckeyes topped with chocolate. BUT all wrapped up in one delectable easy-to-serve chocolate peanut butter brownie!
The BEST Buckeye Brownies
My Buckeye Brownies are three full layers. The first layer is the baked brownie layer. Next up we have the delectable peanut butter layer that is added AFTER the brownie is baked. That get’s chilled and then it’s topped off with melted chocolate! You can’t go wrong with these.
What are Buckeyes?
A real “buckeye” is a nut from a tree and it’s closely related to the horse chestnut if you’re familiar with what those look like. Basically a large round brown nut with a lighter brown spot on one side. But they are not TRUE chestnuts. They are not edible and should not be consumed.
But what I’m referring to is the buckeye candy from the ’60s that is surprisingly still popular after all these years! They’re named after the buckeye chestnut because they look almost just like them.
It’s a basic peanut butter truffle, for lack of a better word. Rolled and chilled and then dipped 3/4 of the way in melted chocolate to make it look like a buckeye. A regular peanut butter truffle or ball is fully enveloped in melted chocolate.
What do I need to make Buckeyes?
- butter, both melted and softened
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
You don’t need any special equipment to make Buckeye Brownies either! An 8×8 pan, bowls, measuring spoons, spatulas and so on. The biggest thing you will need is parchment OR foil to lift the brownies up and out of the pan for slicing. Other than that nothing special. So easy!
Our Other Favorite Browines and Bars!
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Lemon Cake Mix Brownies
Triple-layer peanut butter chocolate brownies? YES PLEASE!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Peanut Butter Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 ounces semi sweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- preheat the oven to 350°
- line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, and leave two sides up higher than the sides of the pan, set aside
- whisk the sugar, eggs, and vanilla together
- then whisk in the melted butter
- combine the dry ingredients for the brownies in a separate bowl
- then stir into the wet ingredients just until combined
- pour into the prepared pan
- bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
- remove from the oven and cool completely on a baking rack
- once cool beat the filling ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- spread over the completely cooled brownies
- chill while you make the top layer
- melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave in 10 seconds intervals until the chocolate is melted
- pour over the chilled brownies and spread evenly before it sets up
- chill again until the chocolate is set up
- cut into 16 brownies and keep refrigerated until ready to serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets
SWEEJAR Ceramic Baking Dish, 8 x 8 Cake Baking Pan for Brownie, Porcelain Square Bakeware with Double Handle for Casserole, Lasagna, Family Dinner (Jade)
USA Pan Bakeware Square Cake Pan, 8 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
- Crispy Air Fried Lemon Pepper Wings
- Rhubarb Muffins with Streusel
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Summertime Peach Crisp Recipe
- How to roast red peppers
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Exploring the Delights of Edible Flowers
- Easy Lemon Muffins
- Air Fryer Blackened Shrimp
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Banana Bread
- Creamy Ranch Chicken Skillet
- Perfect Pairings for Margarita Flavors
- Breakfast Elevated, Sushi Toast
- Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
1 thought on “Best Buckeye Brownies”
OMG you are a GODDESS – these buckeye brownies were AWSOME!