This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Finally a Crispy Chicken Salad you can enjoy at home. This is one of those salads that I always order when I’m out but now I can make it at home! I think you’re going to enjoy it as much as I do!
Crispy chicken sliced over the top of a fresh green salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion, and fresh dressing. Top this big salad with your favorite salad dressing!
MORE BIG SALADS!
One thing we LOVE in this house is a nice big salad. Even my kids enjoy them! One of our favorites is this massive no-cook Classic Cobb Salad. And this Reuben Sandwich Salad earned a lot of praise from both of them as well.
I just worked up this Wendy’s Jalapeño Popper Salad this year and it’s delicious. Plus we can’t forget this Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad!! And don’t forget my Club Sandwich Salad, our all-time favorite big salad!
How to kick this salad up
- make my Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- or this Bacon Ranch Dressing! Both are refreshing takes on the classic ranch dressing
- And you can make ANY salad better with my Air Fryer Croutons!
What do I need to make a Crispy Chicken Salad?
- coleslaw mix
- ripe tomatoes
- green onions
- cooked crispy chicken pieces
- salad dressing of choice
Do I really need coleslaw mix for this salad? NO! You can use ANY mix of lettuce, salad mixes, fresh greens, microgreens, and so on. I use coleslaw mix to give salads a little more fiber and bulk. Plus the carrot shreds add a little pop of color!
So you can use any combo of greens your family will eat. Or a combo of whatever you have on hand.
About those crispy chicken pieces
You can use ANY kind of chicken you like. Grab some chicken from the grocery store deli. OR try getting them from their cold cases if you like cold fried chicken. You can also use frozen chicken strips.
Try my Air Fryer Chicken Tenders for a crispy homemade chicken tender. Whatever you use just be sure it’s cooked before you make the salad. You can use HOT or COLD chicken for this salad, depending on your preference for your salad.
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, or any greens you like
- 6 ounces cooked crispy chicken strips
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- divide the chopped lettuce into two bowls
- chop the coleslaw mix the make it more bite-sized and toss with the greens in the bowls
- chop the tomato, cucumber, and green onions and add to the salad
- slice the cook chicken and place it on top of the salad
- serve with your preferred salad dressing