This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Let’s make some refreshing Lemon Brownies! These cake mix brownies are so easy to make and only require 3 ingredients. Plus everyone loves the fudgy brownie feel with a popping lemon taste.
Dense chewy lemon brownies with a fresh flavor come together in no time and will surprise everyone who tries them!
What are cake mix brownies?
The EASIEST 3 Ingredient brownies you’ll ever make! Start with a cake mix and add the wrong ingredients to it! Ok, that sounds bad but it’s oh so right if you happen to have one random cake mix in your cupboard and you don’t know what to do with it.
Cake mix brownies to the rescue!
I’ve actually made these before but they were just regular chocolate cake mix brownies. And yeah everyone loved them. So you know I to try another flavor. And lemon it is!
What do you need for these Bars?
- a lemon cake mix
- vegetable oil
A very short list indeed!
What Kind of Cake Mix do I buy?
Most regular mainstream grocery store cake mixes will work. They all make the same size cakes and work about the same. So use what you have or grab them when they’re on sale and you’re set!
Other Brownie Recipes You’ll Love!
- Instant Pot Brownies Love Dense SUPER fudgy brownies?? Try this recipe for the best brownies I’ve ever made!
- Butterscotch Brownies These are more like a brownie cookie combo. FULL of butterscotch chips in a non chocolate brownie base. BUT OH SO GOOD!
What else can you do with a cake mix?
Make these red velvet cake mix cookies! YES, red velvet is made easy when you start with a cake mix. Add white chocolate chips and these are what valentine’s day cookies are made of!
- one lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- *optional* powdered sugar for sprinkling
- preheat the oven to 350°
- lightly grease an 8x8 pan OR line it with parchment paper
- empty the cake mix into a mixing bowl
- mix the eggs and oil
- stir into the cake mix, it will be thick
- place the dough in the prepared pan
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until the brownies are set, they will PUFF up and then drop when taken out of the oven so don't worry about that!!
- sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash