This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Do you need a new way to enjoy green beans? Try these Air Fryer Green Beans! They’re our favorite way to eat green beans.
Start with frozen green beans cooked in the air fryer, then tossed in a little oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Then air fry them again for the best darn green beans of your life!
Have you ever roasted green beans? These are generally the same idea. Cook them up quick and hot so they get a little toasty in spots and you’ll never go back to boiled or steamed.
What do you need to make Air Fried Green Beans?
- An Air Fryer-I use and LOVE the Cosori 5.8 MAX XL it’s a basket-style air fryer, which is perfect for this recipe because you’re going to be toss the green beans around so they get toasty in lots of spots which is truly the best part of air fried green beans
- Green Beans-for this recipe I use frozen
- Oil-Use what you prefer to use, a lot of people like avocado oil, I use a lite olive oil which is a mix of olive and vegetable oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic–you can use fresh minced, or powder, or jarred minced garlic
DO I need fresh or frozen Beans?
GOOD fresh green beans are really hard to find in the stores up here. We do get them but they’re just NOT a staple. Plus you have to clean them and sometimes I don’t have the bandwidth for that.
I need a vegetable dish FAST!
Because of that fact I almost ALWAYS use frozen green beans when air frying or roasting them. When using frozen they take a little longer to cook than fresh. Essentially in the air fryer you’re going to cook them just plain for 5 minutes before we add oil and spices. That gives them time to precook and any water melting off them drips to the bottom of the pan.
BUT don’t let ME tell you how long to cook them. If you like well done cook them longer. If you like them JUST done, cut the cooking time to your preference.
Love Your AIr Fryer?? ME TOO! Try my other Air Fryer Recipes!
- BBQ Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer New York Strip
- Homemade Croutons
- Crispy Breaded Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- 12 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 tsp oil of your choice, I use light olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 /2 tsp minced garlic
- preheat the air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes
- once preheated add the frozen green beans
- cook on 390° for 5 minutes or until beans are thawed and starting to cook
- put beans in a bowl toss with the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
- toss to coat
- put back in the air fryer for another 4 minutes on 390°, then shake and air fry again for 4 more minutes or until fully cooked
- beans should be fully cooked and crispy in spots when they're done
- if you like them cooked longer by all means put them in again for another couple of minutes
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash