Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu is the warm creamy comfort food you’re looking for! Layers of chicken, ham, swiss, with a creamy sauce and a surprise ingredient, will rock your meal plan!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
I need easy in my life. Sometimes people assume that food writers have it figured out. And always have meals that look like they came from Bon Appetit.
We struggle. And forget dinner. And eat regular food just like everyone else. My secret weapon has always been the crockpot, and now the instant pot. I love meals I can just set up, walk away from, and come back to dinner just about ready to eat.
I play around with a lot of make-ahead type meals in the crockpot and the instant pot. Lucky for you I share the best of them with you. Unlucky for my family we have to eat the good and the bad.
An Easy Chicken Breast in the Crockpot Recipe that isn’t Shredded Chicken
I am not a fan of shredded meat. It might be a texture thing? It feels weird in my mouth and it always feels like it’s dry. I’m not 100% sure what the deal is with shredded meats I just don’t like them.
So you can bet that what I love to make are recipes where the meat isn’t cooked down so that the only thing it can possibly be is shredded. I am so happy with the way this recipe works out. No shredded chicken to be found!
What’s the Surprise Ingredient??
Ahhhh yeas the surprise ingredient is…STUFFING MIX. Mmmm it takes the place of the coating and really brings the Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu together! It’s such an inspired addition.
This is a really simple recipe that I LOVE, the set and forget kind. Those are my favorite kind of crockpot meals. Especially one that is cheesy and gooey, everyone loves this dish!
Know Your Crockpot
Does your crockpot cook really high? Or just barely cook on low? It’s important to remember that all crockpots cook differently. Some run hot or cool and you should know what yours does. If low on your crockpot doesn’t cook meat completely in 4 hours, you may want to start this casserole out on high and then lower the temperature.
I always recommend making a new dish in the crockpot on the weekend, when a delayed dinner isn’t going to hurt too much. Do NOT make this or any crockpot recipe for the first time when you have friends coming over. Always give them a trial run!
Love easy meals you can start and walk away from??
A new to me Crockpot
Speaking of Crockpots, have you guys seen this ADORABLE lunch-sized crockpot?? You can take your prepped meal to work, plug it in and make your lunch hot and fresh right at work.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound ham, sliced lunch meat works well here
- 6 ounce box of instant stuffing mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of shredded swiss cheese
- cut chicken in bite-size pieces
- stir the soup together with the melted butter
- put a small amount of soup in the bottom of the crockpot
- layer the chicken over the top
- chop the ham up and sprinkle half of it over the chicken
- top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese
- add half of the dry stuffing mix over the cheese
- layer on the remaining ham, cheese, and dry stuffing mix in that order
- mix the remaining soup and butter mix with the milk and pour over the casserole
- turn crockpot to low and cook at least 4 hours
- sprinkle with extra swiss cheese if desired