Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs
Short ribs are so tasty and juicy if you do them right. Doing them right used to include a quick brown up and then a long slow braise in the oven to make them tender and perfect. I do enjoy that method, but sometimes you forget to make dinner and then you might go into panic mode. Oh maybe not? Maybe that’s just me? These Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs are so quick and hands off to make they give you plenty of time to make the rest of dinner or quickly marshall the troops to clean the house or sit back and put your feet up while dinner cooks itself. Add a salad, and a side and dinner is done.
Instant Pot Short Ribs
These Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs are indeed the easiest way to prepare short ribs in about an hour. And you don’t need any special ingredients or fancy tools, well except for an instant pot you will need one of those. It does involve three steps to cooking through. Initial browning, the pressure cook and a quick trip under the broiler to crisp them up and add color.
Make them Paleo Instant Pot Short Ribs too
With one simple change, you can easily make these Paleo! Replace the soy sauce and worcestershire with Coconut Aminos, and you’ve got Paleo Instant Pot Short Ribs. Nothing else needs to change either. There’s no sugar or ketchup added so these ribs are Paleo once the Soy Sauce is removed.
Affordable Cheap Short Ribs
The only drawback to short ribs is that they’re incredibly expensive. I buy a grass-fed beef every year, and they come as part of our order, so we eat them several times a year. Before we started buying a beef, I would stockpile them. Whenever I saw them on sale or markdown, I’d buy them and put them in the freezer until I had enough to make a meal with them. It’s how I’d afford them now too if I weren’t buying a beef. Affordable short rib?? Cheap Short Ribs? YES!
Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs
- 2 1/2 pounds short ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP oil for browning the ribs
- 1/4 cup strong coffee or use espresso powder in water
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP soy sauce OR coconut aminos if you can't have soy
- 1 TBSP worcestershire replace with coconut aminos if you're Paleo
- 2 TBSP minced garlic use fresh or pre-minced
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- turn on the Instant Pot to saute, add oil, you can use whatever oil you prefer
- sprinkle the ribs with the salt and pepper, rub it it
- when the pot is hot, brown the ribs quickly, a few at a time
- remove once they're browned and start on the other ribs
- while the ribs brown mix your sauce, in a once cup measuring cup add all the rest of the ingredients, add water to get to one cup total liquid
- once ribs are all browned remove from the pan, add the sauce, cooking and stirring to remove all the browned bits, once those come off add the ribs back in a single layer, or a single as you can make them
- put the lid on the Instant Pot, set the release to seal, press stop to clear the selections, then press manual and add minutes until you get to 45
- once the timer dings your ribs are done but they taste better and look better if you can quickly brown them under a broiler