Friday Frenzy June 9th
Welcome to all my crafty and foodie friends, I’m glad you’re here! I’m posting this a little late, life kind of rolled up and right over me this week. Nothing bad, just busier than I thought I would be. I wrote a MASSIVE post for my small hometown, if you’re thinking of traveling TO Alaska, read it. It also conveniently links to rest of my Alaska posts with all kinds of helpful information for the Alaska bound traveler.
What’s new this week? LOTS of surprise projects I can’t even tell you about yet. One is with my good friend Heather at Real: The Kitchen and Beyond. And the OTHER is also with Heather AND includes my another amazing friend, Laura of the Family Spice. I’ll be rolling out details of these project as they become available!
Here’s what’s new this week:
- 100+ Things to Love About Palmer Alaska
- This post for Ice Fishing Lessons from my Dad has a MASSIVE giveaway attached to it, I’m talking over EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS in prizes for first place!
- Spruce Tip Shortbread–it’s foraging season!
Welcome to the Friday Frenzy, the Best Food and Craft Link Party on the Web. Why is it the best?
- We’ll be sharing your posts on Facebook on our new Friday Frenzy page, we invite you to follow the page and share the posts
- When you link your favorite posts to the Friday Frenzy your posts will be seen across 9 blogs, for NINE TIMES the exposure
- We ask all linkers to pin the featured posts of the week for even more exposure
- Our host bloggers are all part of an inclusive and support group on Facebook, we welcome all bloggers big or small and we actively promote other bloggers, so bring on your best links
Please Follow Your Hosts:
- Laura Little House Big Alaska Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Rachel Trampling Rose Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Amy Savory Moments Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Paula Saucy Southerner Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Kelly Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Micha Cooking Mimi Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Colleen Faith Hope Love and Luck Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Sarah Chef Sarah Elizabeth Twitter Instagram Facebook
- Barrie Hardly a Goddess Twitter Instagram Facebook
Hi everyone! Rachel from Tramplingrose with this week’s Friday Frenzy picks. I dunno how it is where you are, but we’ve been stuck in a heat wave for what seems like forever. Not that I’m complaining, mind you – After all, we had winter for like 2 years, so the warmer weather is nice. However, I don’t want to heat up the house if I can avoid it. So I compiled a list a “beat the heat” foods.
Heatwave aside, I would be willing to fire up the stove for some Parmesan Chicken from Poinsettia Drive. Crispy, cheesy chicken topped with crisp greens and a lemon vinaigrette.
To go along with it, how about a cool pasta salad, like this one from Tumbleweed Contessa?
And, the recipe notes, the longer you can let it sit before serving, the better it’ll taste. Definitely make ahead food!
Finally, you can’t not have a cool, creamy dessert when it’s so hot – though I’m the kind of person who can/will eat ice cream all year long. The Saucy Southerner shared these Kahlua Fudgesicles, and they look amazing! Just a bit boozy for an adult treat, I’m thinking I’m going to be investing in some popsicle molds so I can make these ASAP!
Share how you’re beating the heat and drop a link below!