Italian Sausage Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner
I will never tire of singing the praises of a hearty sheet pan dinner that gets me out of the kitchen fast. So here’s me singing about my newest favorite Italian Sausage Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner, la la la I LOVE IT! Holy wow! I’ve never, that I can remember, roasted anything with balsamic vinegar on it. But now that I KNOW, well balsamic vinegar it’s GAME ON. This sheet pan dinner is the requisite fast and easy, and it’s just different enough to make everyone ask what it is, without complaining about it.
I’ve come to adore oven roasted pierogies, in fact, we all have. I buy them by the bag from Walmart, because then I can cook as many as I need and pop the rest back in the freezer. I would happily just roast and eat pierogies at least 3 times a week, but my people demand variety in their diet. So I keep these on hand for that day when I need to pull off a quick dinner. And make everyone happy.
The balsamic will soak right in the frozen pierogies so I definitely recommend sprinkling some of it over, tossing, and then adding more. If you just pour it straight on you’ll have one supersaturated pierogi and the rest will be plain. Ask me how I know. So sprinkle, toss, repeat!
Sheet Pan Dinner
My other go-to sheet pan dinners include some serious faves. Like this Oven Baked Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner which kicks real fried chicken to the curb. And these Alaska Cod Sheet Pan Fajitas make the best weeknight fajitas and they work well for Taco Tuesday too! And of course, I am not forgetting my introduction to roasted pierogies, Kielbasa Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner. Sheet Pan Dinners for the win!
I will never tire of singing the praises of a hearty sheet pan dinner that gets me out of the kitchen fast. So here's me singing about my newest favorite Italian Sausage Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner, la la la I LOVE IT!
- 5 Italian Sausages
- 15 Frozen Pierogies
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 bell peppers
- preheat oven to 400˚
- lightly grease a sheet pan, lay the sausage on it
- in a large bowl toss the pierogies with 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil, and half the herbs, salt and pepper
- sprinkle about a quarter of the balsamic over the pierogies, toss and repeat with another quarter of the balsamic
- arrange around the sausages
- cut the pepper in fairly large slabs
- in the same bowl toss the pepper pieces, with the remaining oil, herbs and vinegar
- arrange around pierogies
- scrape the bowl down and drizzle over the pan
- bake in 400˚ oven for 20 minutes
- turn everything over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until pierogies are puffy and sausages are cooked through
- when adding the balsamic vinegar sprinkle it lightly and toss quickly, then add more and toss again--do not pour it on all at once!