Vegetarian Mexi Sliders
This recipe for Vegetarian Mexi Sliders was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
If you’re looking to UP your vegetarian game try these Vegetarian Mexi Sliders. Weeknights often mean you’re short on time, and often dinner ideas. When that happens I turn to my pantry and canned goods for inspiration. These Vegetarian Mexi Sliders may be small but they’re BIG on flavor.
a well stocked pantry
Somedays, yes even as a food blogger, dinner time still sneaks up on me. I’ll be working, being a mom, and a housekeeper and suddenly its 4:30 and I have no clue whats for dinner. This is when I turn to my pantry, stocked full of items I can easily pull together for dinner. One of my pantry staples are canned beans from S&W, they’re so convenient to keep on hand for quick meals. With a stocked pantry you’re never far away from a quick and easy dinner. And no matter your preference for beans, original, organic or low sodium, S&W has you covered. They’ve been providing quality beans for 120 years. Use this coupon code for S&W Beans and let me help you stock your pantry with the best premium beans on the market
Beans are a great source of protein and when we go vegetarian, as we try to do at least once a week, I like to include them in my meal planning. With beans playing a starring roll I can whip up quick family favorites like chili, nachos, minestrone, tacos salad. Or my newest invention these Vegetarian Mexi Sliders, where beans literally replace the hamburger meat in a slider bun. Start to finish they can be done in under 30 minutes. So much easier than trying to go out for dinner, and cheaper too!
Small Size Big Flavor
I don’t know about you and your family but whenever we make anything mini-sized it’s instantly popular. Meatloaf Muffins, Mini Tacos, and these Vegetarian Mexi Sliders were no different. Cute, easy to eat and tasty too, no one will turn up their nose at a vegetarian meal again.
Need a little help with new ideas for beans? Let S&W help you out, their website is full of delicious recipes. Wondering where to find them locally? Here’s a store locater that can help you out. Be sure to follow them on social media as well.
If you're looking to UP your vegetarian game try these easy and quick Vegetarian Mexi Sliders. When weeknights mean you're short on time these little vegetarian sliders are BIG on flavor.
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne, omit if you don't like heat
- 2 TBSP flour, more depending on how well drained your beans are
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 12 slider buns
- sliced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
Lemon Chipotle Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- mix the beans with the chili powder, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne (if using)
- pulse together in a food processor until beans are finely chopped
- add flour, pulse 2-3 more times to combine
- check the mixture, if it's very wet add a little more flour to bind it together
- heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- when the oil is hot drop by dollops in the oil
- cook 2-3 minutes
- meanwhile make the Lemon Chipotle Sour Cream by mixing together the sour cream, lemon juice, chipotle powder
- then turn the sliders carefully, and using a spatula press down gently to make a small slider patty
- cook 2-3 more minutes
- drain on paper towels while the other batch cooks
- serve hot with slider buns, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and the Lemon Chipotle Sour Cream OR use assorted condiments, like aioli, mayonnaise, ketchup or taco sauce
- a food processor works best for making this recipe
- a cookie scoop makes the perfect scoop for measuring these sliders
- double the recipe if your kids are EATERS, like tweens and teens so often are
What about you? DO you keep a fully stocked pantry? What do you do on nights that need a quick meal prep? Make sure to grab this coupon and some S&W Beans on your next shopping trip.