Instant Pot Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
I love using my Instant Pot to make quick soups in the winter. Now granted I’ve only had it for a year but it’s one of my favorite uses for the Instant Pot. It’s just so handy to toss things in, set it and have perfect soup when I come back. This Instant Pot Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup is one of my new and current FAVES. It’s quick and simple, has a lovely curry flavor and it’s also Low Carb/Paleo/Whole30. Perfect for lunch or partnered with a salad for dinner or even served as part of a larger meal this Instant Pot Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup will make every one happy.
Instant Pot Soup
One thing you can count on with your Instant Pot is food fast. And for that I’m grateful. Some days dinner time just sneaks up on you. Or winter break lunches, I don’t know what to feed these people, seriously! My mother in law made this soup for Christmas Eve dinner and it was so velvety smooth I never wanted to stop eating it. I just KNEW I had to make it home and obviously I needed to make it easier than it already was by using the Instant Pot. Just 15 short minutes and poof it’s time to add coconut and blend it up. I used a immersion blender but you can also pour the soup in a blender or a food processor if you have that instead. Either way you’ll want to blend it until it’s smooth and creamy. And serve it up hot.
Low Carb/Paleo/Whole30 Friendly
Hard to believe but this soup is truly low carb, Paleo, Whole30 approved. Every single ingredient is nourishing and healthy for you, especially mid-winter when everyone needs a healthy boost. January is the perfect time as well because so many of us exit the Christmas season feeling the need to change and this soup will help you on almost every food journey you could hope to embark on. But obviously you don’t need to be on any special diet to enjoy this soup because it’s just so darn tasty.
Perfect for lunch or partnered with a salad for dinner this creamy Instant Pot Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup makes people happy.
- 1 pound frozen butternut squash cubes, OR use a fresh squash cleaned, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups water
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- set pressure cooker to manual, and set time for 15 minutes
- add everything to the pot except the coconut milk
- stir to mix the ingredients
- put the lid on, seal it and set the vent to cook
- when the timer goes use the quick vent feature to let the steam off and remove the lid
- add the coconut milk to the butternut squash
- use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth
- taste for salt and pepper add as needed
- serve hot
- you will need an immersion blender or a regular blender to blend the soup