Double Spiced Harissa Marinated Chicken
Looking for a new way to make grilled chicken more exciting? Check out my Double Spiced Harissa Marinated Chicken recipe. It might sound intimidating but don’t let that fool you, the spice level is only mild to medium yet the flavor level is high. Plus it’s easy to make with its simple yogurt marinade that the chicken can soak in all day until you’re ready to grill. Try my Double Spiced Harissa Marinated Chicken recipe and do something different on the grill!
Back to my Double Spiced Harissa Marinated Chicken recipe though. I picked up Harissa Paste because I’d read about the spice paste many times and never had the chance to find it in Alaska before. (go figure!) I always like to try new things and I was excited to find something I’d been looking for up here. Once I had it in hand I went searching for a good chicken recipe because we are family that loves spicy chicken recipes. I found several inspiring recipes and kind of mushed them together.
I settled on yogurt marinade because I love the way it makes the chicken tender and juicy. And I opted to add a final Harissa Glaze to give it more of the flavor I was searching for. In the end, I think it went together really well and like I said wasn’t TOO spicy. One of the best parts of this recipe is that my kids can take this chicken and make sandwiches or wraps and my husband and I can enjoy it over a salad, it’s versatile!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Harissa paste, divided
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, you can cut them in half if you like
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- mix the yogurt with 1/2 of the Harissa paste
- add chicken thighs, cover and let marinate for 3-4 hours minimum, 8 is great
- when ready to grill preheat grill to medium heat, your hand can be held 3 inches over the grill for 5 seconds
- remove the chicken from the yogurt and place directly on the grill
- cook for 8-10 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through
- mix the remaining Harissa past with the olive oil and brush over the chicken let cook 1-2 minutes more
- serve with salad, or bread or wraps
- these need to marinate for at least 3-4 hours
Serving Size4 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 275mgSodium 644mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 57g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.