This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Layers of ice cream bars and Oreos make this No-Bake Oreo Ice Cream Cake a real hit in the heat of summer. OR for that special person who LOVES sandwich cookies. No matter WHY you make it, just make it, because you’ll never be sorry!
A No Bake Cake?
This one is for you! Check out this super simple, perfect every time, Oreo Ice Cream Cake, no oven required! Perfect for summer parties, when it’s just too hot to even think about running the oven but you still need to celebrate.
This Ice Cream Bar Cake came in for the CLUTCH when we were remodeling a few years ago and because of extenuating circumstances (BECAUSE REMODELING) we didn’t have a working oven.
So come this birthday, when we’re not remodeling, the birthday boy fondly remembered that ice cream bar cake and asked for it again. I agreed to it because it was pleasant to make and eat.
Oreo Ice Cream Cake-YES PLEASE!
But then found a recipe book in the mail from Kroger with an entirely different kind of easy-to-make ice cream cake and I decided to make that instead. I changed out the Nutter Butters for Oreos and made one of the BEST no-bake cakes to date!
The hardest part for me was making room in the freezer for the cake to freeze overnight, thank you abundant salmon harvest.
What do I need to make an oreo Ice cream cake?
- Room in your freezer for a cake plate and the cake to sit overnight
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate Instant Pudding
- Ice Cream Bars, the sandwich style
- Candles if it’s for a birthday
I have two other interesting Ice Cream Cakes on the blog if you’re interested in them. First I have this amazing Ice Cream Sandwich Cake and I have this Ice Cream Cake Roll. Both are fun twists on cake and ice cream for parties.
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 8 ounces cool whip, divided
- 1 small box instant pudding mix, chocolate flavor
- 16 Oreos, crumbled
- 12 ice cream bars
- ice cream sprinkles, if desired
- in a small sauce pan warm the hot fudge sauce, just until it's soft, do not get it boiling hot
- then mix in 1 cup of cool whip
- stir in the pudding mix, once thoroughly mixed in stir in 3/4s of the crumbled Oreos
- to assemble the cake cover a baking sheet with foil
- unwrap and lay down 4 of the ice cream bars
- layer 1/2 the hot fudge pudding mix over the bars
- top with 4 more bars and then the last of hot fudge pudding mix
- top that with the last four ice cream bars
- the use the last of the cool whip to frost the entire thing, it won't be a thick cover of cool whip either
- sprinkle the rest of the Oreos on top and add a dash of sprinkles if you like
- put the whole thing in the freezer overnight
- serve frozen
- there's no need to thaw to poke the candles in, they will slide right in
needs to freeze for 24 hours
- Air Fryer Gingerbread cookies
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Classic Chocolate Crinkles
- Sablé Breton Tart for the GBBO
- Dark Chocolate Homemade Truffles
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks
- Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Two in One Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Oven
- Seasonal Eggnog Cake
- Baklava: a GBBO Technical Bake
- A Seasonal and Savory Stuffed Pumpkin
- Cheese Stuffed Christmas Tree Bread