Well I think my family might just could live on goat cheese. We’ve decided that as long as we have goat cheese in the house during our remodel we’ll be fine. Because it’s great on toast, crusty bread, crackers, in eggs, hot or cold you name it and they love it. It’s better tasting than cream cheese yet spreads as easily so it’s all win there too. GOAT CHEESE equals AWESOME.
I made this spread up for lunch today, holy smokes, it was a winner. A little crusty bread, some cold fresh melon and big glasses of water and we were set. We tore out our cabinets in the kitchen today. It took a while to finish packing up a kitchen you’ve been working in for 19 years, so much stuff. I can’t believe I’ve owned this house for so long. and since I was 23! Wow so many memories in this old place.
Toasted Goat Cheese and Pesto Spread
- 6-8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto I make my own without any cheese in it, use what you have or like
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- preheat the oven to 350˚
- place the cheese in a small oven proof dish
- cut the cheese roughly in half lengthwise and then in 1/2 inch sections, spread it out slightly
- dot the pesto on top and sprinkle with the walnuts
- bake for 8 minutes and then turn the broiler on broil for another 5 minutes or until the walnuts are browned or blacked in my case
- drizzle the vinegar over the top
- serve warm with crusty bread, crackers or even sliced vegetables