Super Easy Skillet Granola
A super easy granola recipe that even your kids can help make right on the stove.
Kid Friendly Granola
Finally homemade granola my kids will eat. Maybe they eat it because they helped make it or maybe they eat it because it’s just damn good granola. And with the 25-pound bag of oatmeal in my pantry, I can see a WHOLE lotta granola in our future.
Kids can help make it!
This little granola recipe really is super easy to whip up. My kids were happy to measure, stir, snip up dried mangos and taste test. It was a fun after dinner project and probably wouldn’t have been slightly burned if Agatha(the cat) hadn’t tried to eat the chicken living in our bathroom. True Story. Even then scorched granola made by children is still good granola. If you make it, be sure your bathroom living chicken is securely kept away from the cat, a peaceful living tip from me to you.
Easy Skillet Granola
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP honey
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit chopped if needed
- melt the butter, sugar, vanilla and honey together in a large skillet over medium heat
- when melted together add the oats and nuts
- stir to coat
- sprinkle on the salt
- cook for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes
- keep the heat low and if you have to leave the room for any reason remove it from the heat
- when 20 minutes are up spread the granola on waxed paper to cool then mix in the dried fruit
The original recipe, found on Lick the Bowl Good, called for sunflower seeds, coconut and sesame seeds, I’m pretty sure I want to add them next time. I also think a healthy wallop of chocolate would be a delicious addition. This was munched and gobbled up by boys for our bedtime snack and will make a great addition to lunches this week.
Peace and Love–